1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 not reading new burns (old ones work fine)

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by MadButch, Nov 4, 2004.

1. MadButch

MadButch Member

I'm going totally crazy here, because my PS2 keeps giving read errors on everything I burn. Yet all older burned games work fine...

I used to purn on Princo's, as they ALL worked perfect. Untill Princo changed someything, and none of them worked anymore. That's when I switched to RiTek G04 discs. The first spindel of 50 worked perfect again, but the second spindel (diff. nr on the inner rim, starting with K3 instead of J6) all had trouble. Not one DVD works, and if I try to install them with the HD loader I get read errors. Making an image on the PC of the burned game works fine though, so the disc seems to be ok.

I bought a NEC 3500 burner to replace my Pioneer A05...
    I bought 8x Verbatims, 8x Philips, 8 and 4x RiTeks...
    I tried burning of a different HD, and a different PC...
    I tried using Record Max 4.6, NERO 6, Alcohol 120 (with the settings posted in one of the threads here)...
    I tried burning at 1x, 4x and 8x...

Everything gives read errors...

I have to assume it is my PS2... but all my old DVDs work fine (I can make an image of the full DVD with HD loader, so the whole DVD is good).

Does anyone have any clue to what I could try, or an explanation? Because I'm running out of ideas (and steam) :(

Last edited: Nov 4, 2004
  2. zeero

zeero Member

has this new burner ever made a succesful backup?

3. MadButch

MadButch Member

All movies work fine... And the PC DVDs I burned are also without errors.