1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 NOT TURNING ON

Discussion in 'PS2' started by IIRR, Apr 10, 2005.

1. IIRR

IIRR Guest

MY PS2 ISNT TURNING ON WHAT CAN I DO TO FIX IT

2. 97bullock

97bullock Regular member

need more details.

are the lights on but its not on your tv?
    are the lights not on at all?
    is the switch at the back of the ps2 turned on?
    have you tried a different power cable (ps1,dreamcast and most cd player cables work fine)?

if you be more specific,i may be able to help

3. IIRR

IIRR Guest

the lights arnt on the ps2 and its not powering up

4. malcdogg

malcdogg Regular member

Have you taken your PS2 apart or anything? More details needed.

5. ShadyBase

ShadyBase Guest

Turn the power switch on, simple.

6. IIRR

IIRR Guest

yea i took it apart becos laser werent working and shady i no how to turn a ps2 on

7. IIRR

IIRR Guest

and i tried all cables cd,ps1 and even my ntl box cable

8. ShadyBase

ShadyBase Guest

Most likely the problem is out of your league, take it to an unofficial ps2 fixing joint and see what the problem is and how much it costs to get fixed

9. malcdogg

malcdogg Regular member

So you're sure it's not the ribbon that connects to the power switch? It's not loose or anything like that? Is it loose in any way?

Last edited: Apr 10, 2005
  10. tomdelany

tomdelany Member

i think it might be your power supply. if your abit of a wizz and know your cables you can check over your power supply and see if everything looks in order. Otherwise i would seek some professional help.

11. IIRR

IIRR Guest

yea the ribbons abit loose so could that be the prblem how would i join it

12. cyepumk

cyepumk Guest

i ripped out ribbon before.i but it back in with needlenose pliers(dont think that is the conventional way of doing it but it worked).

first you have to lift up the dvd drive a crack.it is usually clipped down (im not sure about other ps2 versions).use a small flathead screwdriver to gently pry drive (try not to bend the metal bracket) in the back so you can seperate it a little bit.then go to front and do the same to that clip (i actually bent that clip a little) then seperate it from the bracket.there are ribbons connected to the drive still so dont try to yank the drive off.you just want to lift up maybe an inch on the side of the drive that is nearest the reset button.after doing so,you should see a tiny white connector that the ribbon connects to.i then took needlenose pliers wrapped tape around the teeth of the pliers (so i dont scratch up the ribbon) and went to work trying to connect the ribbon.it took me about an hour to do it. it was hell trying to adjust the playstation to get light to see the connector.remember to look at the end of the ribbon and see how far you have to insert it.i kept inserting it half way.then i finally got it right, and my ps2 works fine now.

this is the way i did it.maybe somone else has a more conventional way of doing this.and i dont know if all ps2 can be done this way.