1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 on a computer monitor

Discussion in 'PS2' started by cruelwalrus, Jun 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cruelwalrus

cruelwalrus Newbie

Hi!

Does anyone here know, how to get a PS2 or PS2 slim console to work on a BenQ computer monitor which has DVI-D and VGA inputs? I would much like to play my old games sometimes but I do not own a television at the moment.

Apparently I need somekind of an adapter box which upscales the signal? Can you suggest some working adapters for me? They would have to be available in Europe.

I'm looking to get my PS2 to work on a extra BenQ computer monitor I have, and ofcourse it would be nice if I could get the sound output working too.

2. Eisherz

Eisherz Active member

It would be cheaper if you would just get an old CRT TV and the result would actually be better. You would need a VGA box to upscale the signal (~100 Euro) and the result would not look good.
    Atleast here in Germany you can get a used CRT TV for free, nobody wants them anymore since LCDs have become relatively cheap.

masternoxx and cruelwalrus like this.
  3. cruelwalrus

cruelwalrus Newbie

Okay thanks for the reply and suggestion, I guess I'll go on a look for cheap old tv:s then, problem being the little space I have in my apartment, but perhaps I'll find something that fits.

4. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

get a bedroom crt tv, in England there are free sites on facebook where people give them away

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.