1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ps2 on the psp

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by laststar, May 28, 2007.

1. laststar

laststar Guest

hello, i was wondering if there is any possible way to back up your ps2 games and play them on the psp, possibly as iso on the memory card?

thanks

2. schism123

schism123 Member

no, not a chance in hell

3. 1OFDEM

1OFDEM Regular member

Of course you can. I mean, we can already emulate ALL N64 roms on PSP with 100% sound and accuracy, so why the hell not?

4. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

The reason emulating a PS2 on the PSP is not possible and most likely never will be is because of the fact that emulation works by immitating the hardware of one console purely through software that is run on another console. So to run a PS2 game on your PSP your PSP would need to be as powerful as the PS2 because it needs to run the stuff for it, the PSP, to run as well as fully imitate the hardware of the PS2 on it. I'm sure you realize how hard this must be.

(at 1OFDEM I didn't post this put your post down, I posted to try and help explain things better)

5. 1OFDEM

1OFDEM Regular member

Yes I know, and no harm done about putting my post down. I'm simply saying "not possible" in different words

6. scott2k7

scott2k7 Guest

by the way dude the psps processor is as strong as the ps2s one

7. CKhaleel

CKhaleel Regular member

and the graphix card is more powerful in the psp.

8. scott2k7

scott2k7 Guest

exactly peainapod it is as powerful

9. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

- Double Post -

Last edited: Jun 7, 2007
  10. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

It may be as powerful but is it powerful enough to run all its vital system processes and emulate a full hardware setup for a PS2?

11. scott2k7

scott2k7 Guest

yes it is most of the ps2 is the disk drive....

12. shadow270

shadow270 Guest

since when can we emulate N64 roms at full speed and sound..R12 is way away from playin roms at full speed..not even mario runs full speed and if you turn on the sound then the frame rate drops below 15..in fact..mario is the only rom that works a bit playable on the emulator..
    other games have many graphic glitches,most dont even load...

13. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

Exactly, its not a matter of having better hardware, it is a matter of software. Emulators don't use hardware to emulate the gaming systems, everything they do is done through software. So while the PSP's hardware may be better or equal to that of a PS2 it lacks the ability to run a emulator that can succesfully emulate the PS2's hardware and software.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2007
  14. shadow270

shadow270 Guest

though its not impossible,but tehre would have to be really good programmers and experts in coding to make such a emulator.i mean, just look at sonys ps1 emulator it runs flawless full speed,very compatible,sound,everything..and i think ps1 has better software and hardware than N64

15. scott2k7

scott2k7 Guest

thats what sonys there for if they ever make it