1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 Online Connectivity

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Bunford, Nov 22, 2007.

1. Bunford

Bunford Member

I'm just wondering what are the possible ways of connecting am old fat-style PS2 to play online?

I have 8MB broadband and have a wireless router currently with a laptop and desktop connected wirelessly.

I know of using the Network Adapter on the back but they seem quite costly considering how cheap PS2's are nowadays and how old they are. Can USB wireless networking receiver sticks be used in the USB ports on the front of the PS2? Or can USB to ethernet adapters be used in the USB ports on the PS2?

Any help massively appreciated!

2. zooom1834

zooom1834 Regular member

actually the network adapter cost 10 bucks used at gamestop and eb games

3. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

I think your 2nd paragragh bunford would be best be asked in the support section of a official sony forum or send an email or pm to one of the admin people at a sony forum,but my thoughts say it will be unlikley the best way i spose is to try it out,put it this way Sony have never stated online play can be achieved without ethernet adaptor attached to the fatboy playstations

4. cee43ja1

cee43ja1 Regular member

nope. network adapter is the only way. the system won't recognize the usb receiver.