1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 online pin number??? UK only!

Discussion in 'PS2' started by teggy, Nov 22, 2004.

1. teggy

teggy Regular member

I am from the UK, and got my Network adapter last wednesday. I went online with central station and registered, now i'm awaiting the PIN they said that sony would send which is needed to complete my registration.
    I haven't recieved it yet and am wondering how long it takes, and is it needed to play some games?

2. bigmac999

bigmac999 Regular member

Cant remember exactly but I think it was about 2 or 3 weeks before I recieved mine.

3. teggy

teggy Regular member

Cool, what exactly is it needed for. It says it registers your game handle which u will use in all future online games.

But you don't need to boot central station b4 u boot the game. And some games require that you register an acount so you could use a different hndle for that game. So what's the point? I mean I can play NFSU2 and I haven't recieved my PIN yet.

4. bigmac999

bigmac999 Regular member

To be honest i,m not really sure. I think all online games go through the same servers so the pin is saved onto your memory card and allows you access. I think the data on your mem card now is only temporary. Does that make sense?

5. ps2h8r

ps2h8r Guest

i got mine on the second week afta orderin but it didnt wurk n i complained and got it n 5 days good luck

6. teggy

teggy Regular member

Yeah it prolly is temporary, Dunno why though.