1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 Online PLEASE HELP!!!

Discussion in 'PS2' started by NeedHelp3, Jan 13, 2007.

1. NeedHelp3

NeedHelp3 Member

I recently got a network adapter for my ps2. However it didnt come with a start-up CD. Many Say you dont need one? Any ways i cant seem to get going. I set up the Cat5 cable to the ethernet Slot in the back of my dsl modem and to the back of the ps2 and put in the game madden 07. Last night I Made a new network configuration where i put in my ips and dns address. I ran the Test connection and it passed and saved. Then when i go to connect to the connecting screen comes up for about 10-15 seconds and then"Network Error (-612)
    pops up.and says "There was no response from the DNS Server Please check your network configuration. someone said something about firewall TCP and UDP.? if someone can help i would greatly appreciate it. Thank you for your time. A step by step process would be great.

2. steimy

steimy Active member

well firewalls can block your connection. Try turning the windows firewall and any other one you run off then try the connection.
    The TCP UDP thing are ports. Sometimes to get things working you have to open certain ports. But i have really only heard that with routers
    but it may also be true for firewalls.