1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ps2 online problem

Discussion in 'PS2' started by lfcnathan, Oct 17, 2007.

1. lfcnathan

lfcnathan Regular member

ive connected my ps2 to laptop with crossover ethernet cable. I then made a network bridge and went online. After i had switched the computer off etc, at another period i tried to go online but i got the message.
    Could not access the external network device. Please check all connections and reconnect. Everything in network connections is fine and im on the internet.
    So i deleted the bridge and then made another and went online fine with call of duty.

Ive just come in now and tried to go online but im getting the same message. I have even deleted and made another bridge but its still the same.

What is the problem ?

thanks

2. cee43ja1

cee43ja1 Regular member

best thing to do is to connect the ps2 directly to a router/hub.

3. jared2112

jared2112 Member

Okay, I get that same freaking error message on my PS2, it started doing it after I hardwired an 80mm fan to the PSU. It says that all the time whenever I want to play online, it will DNAS authnticate but then thats as far as it goes.

I bought a new motherboard and PSU off of ebay, and it should be here in a couple of weeks, if that doesn't fix the problem I am going to go insane. I always connect my PS2 directly to my router, and it worked for about a year before I decided to install a replacement fan, but now it's doing the same thing as you're PS2.

Not being able to play my PS2 online is like being in hell, and I have been suffering for about 6 months. If the new motherboard and PSU fixes the problem, I am going to buy a modchip and play all sorts of backups online, that is if the Duo 3 Ultra can do that. I think any mod chip with a disable function can play backups online though.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2007
  4. cee43ja1

cee43ja1 Regular member

nope. only the crystal chip can allow online play with backup games. all other chips require patching of the games first.

5. jared2112

jared2112 Member

Oh thats easy to do, I have already practiced that routine on a disc image and it's simple as long as you have the right DNAS ID. Once I do that I can just insert the online backup and play online like any original online game, right?

6. lfcnathan

lfcnathan Regular member

It isnt possible for me to connect directly to the router. Does anybody know why i get this problem ?

thanks

7. lfcnathan

lfcnathan Regular member

Does anybody have an idea.