1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 Online

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Cloner, Nov 8, 2003.

1. Cloner

Cloner Regular member

hi i have socum and fire warrier both origanals. I can play them offline fine but will the new games dectect the chip even offline like socum 2 and ssx 3?. I need to know as i plan to buy them and i wld be strange taking them back cause they dont wrk if you know what i mean.

2. golden_35

golden_35 Regular member

Sometimes, putting it into sleep mode will work, but not for most games...including socom 2 i believe. I heard that installing a toggle switch on your modchip (magic 3.1 at least) that you can play online because the modchip will not be detected...can anyone verify this?

3. WEStar

WEStar Active member

it won't detect them offline. It's when you try to play the games online that it stops you if the mod isn't turned off.

4. golden_35

golden_35 Regular member

Even if the mod is in sleep mode, some games like madden 2004 can still detect it!!! Thats why i am trying to figure out if a toggle switch is the solution!

5. Jerren

Jerren Guest

I have a problem my self, I bought a brand new ps2, and I put a mod chip in it. But i didnt setup my ps2 for online play. I put the the online setup disc in and says not playstation or playstation2 disc. Does anyone know how i can get around this? Also, does anyone know how to turn off/on the modchip. I dont know what modchip i have.

6. WEStar

WEStar Active member

depending what mod you have, you can try to disable the mod and boot the setup disc.

7. Jerren

Jerren Guest

How do disable the mod?

8. andyn1080

andyn1080 Member

best way to go is the slide card...games cant detect that b/c it isnt there.

9. SoCalSRH

SoCalSRH Regular member

Last edited: Sep 6, 2013