1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 Online

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by Mr.X, Sep 12, 2004.

1. Mr.X

Mr.X Member

Hey guys
    I modded my PS2 today & it works great
    I tried to play online But i get a error
    1st of all, do pirated ps2 games work online??????
    i tried Burnout 3, NFL street & madden but none of em worked
    i got this error:

DNAS Error (-402)
    A PS2 disc information error has occurred...........

I read in some other threads that "Sleep mode" was mentioned.....How do i goto sleep mode??
    The chip i got is a Magic 5
    Please lemme know if its possible to play online with burned games
    thanks alot :)

2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

3. nelswick

nelswick Regular member

DNAS 402 means they recognized your modchip when you tried to get through. patch your back ups like sly said and if you use an orinigal, turn your chip off before starting your game. do a google search to find out how to turn yours off. also if you cant register with ps2nfo (they dont take web-based email addresses like yahoo) goto http://www.eurasia.nu and download it there.

4. Mr.X

Mr.X Member

Hey there :)
    ok so i got everything that patching a game required
    but heres what some1 else replyed in a diffrent forum:

"U cant play bak ups online, could with some games a while bak, but not now.
    If u have the origanal game & u ps2 is chipped it also wont allow u 2 play online, unless u chip has option 2 put off/sleep mode.

PS! also a note; if u ever decided 2 buy harddrive for ps2, this also will not let u chipp work, unless it's the DM3"

He says that if u got a modchip then u cant play online cause the online thing detects your chip & wont allow you to continue....
    if i turn the chip off then how do i load the backup????

5. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

if your using a backup, as long as you patched it with the dnas id, you leave the chip on.

6. doobiesSS

doobiesSS Guest

i made it through DNAS with a BURNT socom 2 and splinter cell 2 ID BUT right when i went to select a server it tells me they know im cheating?
    first time warning
    second time 1 hour ban
    third time 3 hour ban
    its only bannin the ID cause my original works right after i get banned on the burnt.i was even playin with the burnt the night b4.

7. BenB1987

BenB1987 Member

doobiess have u found out why its giving you the cheat screen because mine is also doing so

8. PupDog44

PupDog44 Regular member

The only reason i could think of that it is given you the cheat screen is because you are using a Disk ID that you got from someone else, when more than two of the same ID so up on the server that will start to ban. If you own a ps2 online game use that id to patch all of your games.

9. doobiesSS

doobiesSS Guest

i got the id from my good friends copy of splintercell 2 but he dose not go online with ps2 ever and never plains too but i also know that he got the copy used from blockbuster but what are the chances that someone else got that disc id before me and just happened to be online at the same time as me.

10. PupDog44

PupDog44 Regular member

But you have to think about it as maybe 2 people rent that game a week and how long has it been out??? Many people could have taken the ID from it and used it for any game.