1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ps2 online

Discussion in 'PS2 - CD backup discussion' started by doobiesSS, Sep 13, 2004.

1. doobiesSS

doobiesSS Guest

was playing online with burnt copy all last night.tried to play online with said burnt copy again today and i can only get as far as the game selection screen.im using a splinter cell 2 ID w socom 2.after i got online and pass DNAS i went to select a game and b4 i could do anything a little message popped up and said that it had reconized i was cheating? or using a cheating device? and if i tried to use it again i would be banned.so i turned off the sony turned it back on and went through the same process over and sure enough the same thing happened only this time it also said that i have been banned for one hour? didnt want to test my luck after that.i own the original copy of socom 2 but i want copy so i can play online with the other sony in the same house without buyin it again.anyone run into the same or similar problem???????????????

2. PupDog44

PupDog44 Regular member

Do you own the splinter cell game were you got the id from??? If you got it from someone they might have been online at the same time.

3. doobiesSS

doobiesSS Guest

its a game that a freind bought it used from blockbuster.
    he doesnt use it and it wasnt a rental but im thinkin maybe whoever owned it burned it and plays online also.i know thats prolly not the case.

4. WEStar

WEStar Active member

I think this is happening 'cause of the new patch seeing how another person had the same problem after getting the new patch.

5. doobiesSS

doobiesSS Guest

what new patch.

i use image patcher and disk utility ID

6. doobiesSS

doobiesSS Guest

who had the same problem and what happened to them?

7. PupDog44

PupDog44 Regular member

I dont understand what he is saying either...what do you mean new patch??

8. PupDog44

PupDog44 Regular member

What I would do is use one of your original online games that you own to get a id from..that way you wont have to worry about being banned.