1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ps2 only running in black and white

Discussion in 'PS2' started by ojaleel, Mar 7, 2005.

1. ojaleel

ojaleel Guest

Thanks in advance...

I have a ver.7 ps2 with a magic v chip. The ps2 would occassionaly run in black and white, really only when I was playing games like socom II, but the problem would fix itself when I turned the tv on and off or restarted. Then all of a sudden I thought my laser was shot b/c one day the ps2 only went to the browser screen. I was pissed and didn't do anything about it. I was about to send it out, and went to check it out and ps2 working great only in black and white exclusively. Nothing I can do. I have it hooked up to an old tv with a RF connector. I got a new tv thinking that was the problem (and i was overdue) I now can connect with the three plugs but still same problem. I was told by the guy that installed the chip that it was my "video driver ic" and that it is an unavailable part. Any ideas???

2. ojaleel

ojaleel Guest

i don't have a pal tv or games

3. steimy

steimy Active member

weird, that only happened to me when i did play some PAL games because my screen settings were off.
    I would hope that someone could get a hold of that part for you, if that is what the problem is. Wonder if you can go to Ebay and get one for cheap, or some parts?

4. ojaleel

ojaleel Guest

do u think there is something wrong with the chip install? I have no idea...like the color fix...does that even have anything to do with it?

5. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

Many older TV's simply don't work properly in color with newer game consoles. This problem first started when Nintendo admitted that the first run of Super Nintendo's didn't get color on a few older brand TV's. Try your machine on another newer TV and see if you still have a problem.