1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ps2 only running in black and white

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by ojaleel, Mar 7, 2005.

1. ojaleel

ojaleel Guest

Thanks in advance...

I have a ver.7 ps2 with a magic v chip. The ps2 would occassionaly run in black and white, really only when I was playing games like socom II, but the problem would fix itself when I turned the tv on and off or restarted. Then all of a sudden I thought my laser was shot b/c one day the ps2 only went to the browser screen. I was pissed and didn't do anything about it. I was about to send it out, and went to check it out and ps2 working great only in black and white exclusively. Nothing I can do. I have it hooked up to an old tv with a RF connector. I got a new tv thinking that was the problem (and i was overdue) I now can connect with the three plugs but still same problem. I was told by the guy that installed the chip that it was my "video driver ic" and that it is an unavailable part. Both tv and games are ntsc. Any ideas??? I posted this in general ps2 discussion, i think this is probably more appropriate, sorry for the double post.

2. TrowaX

TrowaX Member

Here is my guess i think it is your TV try it on a different 1 and record the result it might save you time. it is only a guess so why not try it.

3. TrowaX

TrowaX Member

Opps sorry i didn't finish reading before i reply you mentioned that it was a video driver problem. Go get it checked i think it will cost alot of greens(MONEY) to fix it so it is up to you.