1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 or computer problem?

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by ghlover, Jul 13, 2007.

1. ghlover

ghlover Guest

I used the Idiot Proof Guide to making custom songs for Guitar hero 2 (since it didn't work, apparently I am an idiot). When I burn the DVD, I use the trial version of Alcohol 120% to burn the .iso file to the DVD+R (Verbatim) 16X. I burn the DVD at about 2.somethingX. Next, I put Swap Magic 3.6 DVD-ROM into my PS2. Whenever the load program screen comes up, I open up the top of my console, open the CD covering and swap the disk with my burned copy. I put the covering back on and replace the top. When I click load program (use X ~ boot normally) a few moments pass then my screen say: "Not a valid PS2 disk". Any suggestions?

Thanks in Advance

2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

Try burning at 8x, many people recommend burning at half the rated speed of the discs.

3. prosseda

prosseda Member

Yes I appear to be having the same problem, and i know it's not the burn speed of the disc because i've done it at 4x 2x and 1x. I also know it's nothing with the computer because i've tried using a ps2 disc after using both the cd and the dvd version of swap magic 3.8 coder, but i get the ps2 screen "please insert a valid ps2 disc"

Help?

4. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

what brand discs are you using prosseda?

5. prosseda

prosseda Member

i KNOW thats not the problem because i've tried using a regular ps2 game and i still get the same resuluts, except the ps2 recognises the game. I tried verbatim dvd+r and memorex dvd+rw and the same "pink screen of death"

6. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

prosseda, are you trying to boot a burnt copy of Guitar hero 2 with custom songs (you said you tried an original disc, so it leads me to believe you are not)? If not, start a new thread.

7. prosseda

prosseda Member

yes i am trying to burn ghero 2 with custom songs. I have tried using the retail version ghero with swap magic but it still didn't work.

8. dwaynep

dwaynep Regular member

memorex isnt a good choice for burning games 2

9. OmriSama

OmriSama Regular member

First, Guitar Hero 2 might be one of those games that wouldn't work properly with older swap magics. You might need to use CDLoader or ZoneLoader. Also, get Sony DVD-Rs or Verbatim DVD-Rs they might work.

10. prosseda

prosseda Member

Ok so I plan to try zoneloader with swap magic 3.8, but would the fact that i have a v15 ps2 have anything to do with swap magic not working? I'm afraid if that's the problem, i'd have to rethink my whole strategy

11. OmriSama

OmriSama Regular member

No it's

Swap Magic 3.6 -> CDLoader/ZoneLoader -> Guitar Hero 2

12. prosseda

prosseda Member

so sm 3.8 won't work?