1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 or Xbox

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by pietbier, Feb 25, 2005.

1. pietbier

pietbier Member

Hi i want to buy a ps2 or an xbox
    whats the best buy ( boot chip, boot cd)
    i want to play my backuped games , so want do i need ?
    do i need to instal a mod chip or can i use a boot disk or something

i don't know nothing about this all some can you help me into the right direction

thx

2. mikeyk

mikeyk Member

ps2 is easier and cheaper to mod.

3. aleitz

aleitz Member

PS2 is better than XBOX right now becuase of the game selection you have.

PS2- More game titles, easy to back-up games with HDAvance(http://www.hdadvance.com/index.htm) and slimmer than an XBOX

XBOX - Much better graphics, harder to mod, and Halo 2

4. slim_dude

slim_dude Guest

erm ok..i just recently bought a pstwo cos i wanted to softmod it (run backups without physical modchip). I tried alot of things like the memory exploit and using swap magic discs etc. i even wrote a thread on it..and i was beginning to like the ps2 cos of its hackability.
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/161980

However, while i was searching for home brew software for my pstwo i came across some exploits for the xbox...and 2 days later i was watching divx, video cds, playing gameboy advance and sens emulator and roms on my UN-modded Xbox. I was even copying Xbox titles to my harddrive (still original harddrive) and play backups too. the xbox is far easier to hack than the ps2 and u once its been hacked u boot up like its a modded xbox from then on. No more orignals to load exploits etc. You keep it as it is.

i like my pstwo cos its slim..but my xbox has just fround its way back into my living room as the bext multimedia system.

5. slim_dude

slim_dude Guest

excuse me for any spelling mistakes LOL..

6. KaBaL

KaBaL Member

Hey,

Just adding my 2 cents here...

I have both Xbox, and PS2

Xbox: 160 Hdd, Xecuter2.6 running Avalaunch
    PS2: v7 Softmod 120 Hdd

As far as backing up, I honestly found the xbox much easier, yes you need to solder a chip in but its only 1 physical wire, and a header pin. ( even a beginner could solder that )

The PS2 Softmod was my choice because i dont feel like doing brain surgery on my ps2 and loosing ( again ). It is a little diffucult if your not used to the modding scene ( files types, processes )

But all in all its up to what you feel like doing, and what game selections you have to backup.

On a personal note, i find the usefullness of the xbox much greater, with great applications like XBMC and that sort, it realy opens up the oppertunities that the xbox has.

7. aleitz

aleitz Member

I say PS2 because it has tons more games than XBOX and I use HDAvance to backup games. It's simple to back-up games with HDAvance. It's easy to switch hard drives if you fill your first hard drive with games. I also have XBOX but only play Halo 2.

8. Siegie

Siegie Member

LOL,
    i must correct you guys, The xbox is much easier to chip than the ps2! The xbox has only 3 wires to solder and the ps2 about 20 and much smaller. And come on the guy who says that the ps2 is better than the xbox has to play an night on the xbox!

9. jpp01uk

jpp01uk Regular member

ive got both an xbox and a ps2

xbox is a better machine but ps2 has more games. only game i play on xbox is halo

ps2 is far easier to mod, alot more soft mod options that the xbox

10. Siegie

Siegie Member

softmod without adding a hard disk?
    I don't think so

11. mikey88

mikey88 Member

it's all about the games.. playstation have got the games xbox has halo2 (and even that isn't that good) leave fps for the PC, and arcade type games for the consoles.

12. Bicoulord

Bicoulord Guest

I think there both cool and if i could, then i would buy both. I mean what the hell, they both seem good so if your rich, which i am not, then buy both and dont go through the hassle, lol, buts that just me i am buying teh xbox 360 because i bought teh first one and i think i should just stick with teh series but i wil go to my friends who will have it and play it there, And one more thing, are they going to make any nitendo for xbox, like theres a psp and a nitendo ds, is there gonna be anything for xbox. send me a message if you know.

13. mikey88

mikey88 Member

it's also a situation whether the games are backwards compatible. Does anyone know what the story is there? Because I've heard the PS3 is completely backwards compatible... that would be a great selling point.

14. jpp01uk

jpp01uk Regular member

xbox will be backwards compatable with top selling xbox games, thats what microsoft said

oh and you dont need to have a hdd for a softmod on a ps2, its called bootdiscs, if you look they are softmods