1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 Pal -- NTSC

Discussion in 'PS2' started by doyeon, Sep 5, 2004.

1. doyeon

doyeon Member

Hmm, I got my NTSC ps2 modded fine with a messiah2 chip. NTSC games both copy/original work, however, I have a problem with PAL games. When I try to play, the games work, but my game is in black and white, without color.

I've looked on the internet about this, and its something about PAL not being the same video frequency as NTSC. I was wondering how i could do this without buying any more expensive equipment for this.

[bold]There is a pal to ntsc converter for video/dvd players but does that work? Im assuming the ps2, when you put in a pal game, automatically changes its video to pal signal?[/bold]

How about that RGB Scart cable? I heard people got some success using this.

Thanks.

2. doyeon

doyeon Member

Hmm, I got my NTSC ps2 modded fine with a messiah2 chip. NTSC games both copy/original work, however, I have a problem with PAL games. When I try to play, the games work, but my game is in black and white, without color.

I've looked on the internet about this, and its something about PAL not being the same video frequency as NTSC. I was wondering how i could do this without buying any more expensive equipment for this.

[bold]There is a pal to ntsc converter for video/dvd players but does that work? Im assuming the ps2, when you put in a pal game, automatically changes its video to pal signal?[/bold]

How about that RGB Scart cable? I heard people got some success using this.

Thanks.

3. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

you could try patching the image files of your pal backups with a pal to ntsc patch

4. doyeon

doyeon Member

but aren't those patches not recommended because they are generic? from what i know, not many games are supported unless you have gameshark and create hexadecimal codes.

Im assuming the ps2, when you put in a pal game, automatically changes its video to pal signal?

5. matty8887

matty8887 Regular member

Dont you have to do the colour fix?
    Just like the duo2.

6. nrk4594

nrk4594 Regular member

1)Download DVD Decrypter 3.5.1.0 at
    www.dvddecrypter.com/index.php?act=download

2)Run DVD Decrypter

3)Choose Mode-->ISO-->Read to create the iso file for the game. Make note of where you have saved the iso file.

4)Download adr patcher at:
    utilities.psxforum.com/adr_patcher0_5.zip

5)Unzip the file and run adr_patcher.exe

6)Click browse and select the iso file of the game

7)Select .PS2 PAL -> NTSC PATCH ROUTINE (NO Y POS)

8)Select Begin Search.

9)The program will search for locations to patch the game. When it finishes, patch the file.

10)Run DVD Decrypter again and choose ISO-->Write and burn the patched iso file.

Now, you will be able to play this game on your NTSC console.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2004