1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 Patch definately needed ??

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by dashingw, Mar 2, 2005.

1. dashingw

dashingw Member

Hi All,

I am new to this and have just applied the swap magic flip top cover to my slimline. I tried a backup I burnt and I got a "Invalid PS2 disc message".

I have seen some burning instructions where the PS2 game is to be read and stored on the PC hard drive first and then needs to be patched with a PS2 Patch program before being burnt to a disc.

I don't see many people mentioning this in the forum though so I want to know if this is a NECESSITY and if so where can i get the PS2 Patch program.

I orginaly just burnt the game by doing a disc copy from PowerGold and it seemed to burn properly but now I will try the DVDdecryptor and see if that works better but I would like someone to let me know on the Patch thing :eek:)

Thanks,
    Darryl

2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

invalid ps2 disc message usually means you didn't load it correctly. What game was it? Only a few need patching.

3. dashingw

dashingw Member

It was The Hobbit. Now all i did was put in the Swap Magic 3.3 DVD Disc until it borught up the Load screen. The I just flipped up the lid took out the Swap and put in the backup. Hit the "x" and I got that message. I tried special load as well and same thing. Am I loading wrong ??

Thanks for the reply :eek:)

Darryl

4. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

do you actually buy a fliptop, or are using fliptop that comes on slim ps2?

5. dashingw

dashingw Member

I actually bought a flip top and it came with the CD and DVD swap 3.3 discs.

When I flip up the top and take out the Swap 3.3 disc it knows that I have done this, even as I start to take out the disc, the laser mechanism pulls back on it's own and then comes back out as I put the backup in. Is this the way it's supposed to work or is nothing supposed to react when I remove the swap disc ??

PLMK and thanks,
    Darryl

6. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

this is what your supposed to be lifting up:

[​IMG]

7. WillC3

WillC3 Member

it's not just you... I'm having a similar prob w/ the same game.

I load the dvd SM2.0 disc & I swap in the Hobbit w/ my fliptop. I hit "X" and the screen gives me the blue border... but then the screen goes black... and stays black.

I've let it go for like 20 min now... still black & the ps2 has stopped reading

8. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

i don't have a slim ps2, but i do have a fliptop and swap magic 2.0. I have beaten The Hobbit with no problems.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2005
  9. dashingw

dashingw Member

Hi Sly,

That is exactly what I am lifting up, but as soon as I even touch it let alone start lifting it I can hear the PS2 start doing things and like I say when I take the disc out the little steel bar with the laser in it pulls back until I slip the backup in. Is it supposed to do this or should nothing be moving at all when lift the lid and pull out the swap and put in the backup ??

PLMK and thanks again :eek:)

Darryl

10. dashingw

dashingw Member

Hi again Sly,

Lo and behold I have found my problem, the flip top lid I installed doesn't exactly fit flush with the system so I guess when I flip up the lid it moves the contacts for the part where you would originally hit the eject button to open. I founf out from trying that if I hold down the part that's not supposed to move at all with 2 fingers, then I can lift the top and swap the discs without anything moving and my backup copy then loads fine.

Is this a common problem with the flip up lids (not fitting flush) or should I be going to the place I bought it and asking for another one ??

PLMK and thanks for all your help anyways :eek:)

Darryl

11. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

i don't have a slim ps2, so im not sure if its common or not.

12. WillC3

WillC3 Member

hey slim...

I used dvddecypter & just ripped & burnt the hobbit...
    I have a regular ps2 & fliptop, w/ a SM DVD 2.0.

I load the SMDVD & then put in my backup of the hobbit... absolutely nothing happens... ever... at all, no matter how long I let it run.

any ideas?

13. WillC3

WillC3 Member

damn... I mean "sly"

srry for the dbl post

14. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

what brand media did you use? Have you gotten any other games working?

15. WillC3

WillC3 Member

media being dvd brand right?

mixing between maxell, memorex, and staples brand. All of which I've been burning games on & they've been working.

16. annie123

annie123 Guest

sly. i get the same message invalid ps2 game with rainbow six 3. I burned it with decry on a sony dvd-r4x and with a sony dvd rw drive. I use swap magic3.3 and i also have in place the switch magic for the new slim ps2 console so the top stays open. the swap magic dvd goes in then it stops to load the dvd back-up once i switch the disc then hit x it reads invalid ps2 game