1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 Post-Fliptop problems

Discussion in 'PS2' started by kadlet51, Jun 17, 2004.

1. kadlet51

kadlet51 Member

I am having so much trouble right now with my PS2. My roommate modded it with a Flip-top cover which apparently didnt work to well. But at first we were still able to run our games. Now, however, the PS2 has trouble even reading our original versions of the games. The only way for it to actually read a disc is to manually place the white magnet "thing" directly onto the spinner. Then it will load the game, but freeze shortly after. The only thing I have noticed is that the laser seems to bounce around quite a bit. Any ideas as to what to do to fix this? Thanks a bunch.

Tim

2. Hanedrick

Hanedrick Regular member

Maybe having the fliptop installed has disaligned the the cd/dvd drive and the laser therefore isn't in correct position either and has trouble reading the game. The first thing I would do is to try and clean your laser with a q-tip and some rubbing alcohol just incase some dust got on the laser. If that doesn't fix it then try taking off the fliptop and puting the original cover back on and see if that fixes the problem. If it does fix the problem then obviously the fliptop was causing the problem and you could try re-installing it carefully and hope that it works this time or if worst comes to worst you could always just leave the cover off your ps2. If putting the original cover back on doesn't fix it then I am stomped on what to do.