1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 Pots adjustments help please

Discussion in 'PS2' started by brad82, Apr 13, 2007.

1. brad82

brad82 Member

Hey I got a v4 ps2. It has the 400b laser. Im trying to adjust the pots. I got the cd pot at 700 ohms because I read somewhere thats where it works the best. It works fine on cd. I got the dvd at 850 ohms and its not working. All it does is spend for 30 seconds or more to tell me its a disc read error. Please someone help me. Do I have the dvd pots off? What should they be?

2. vcbc

vcbc Regular member

Turn it higher a little at a time and see if theres any improvement, also are u sure the dvd laser havent died completely?...

3. brad82

brad82 Member

Im not too sure about the laser being fried. I bought it brand new from Mod-chip.com. When I first installed it the thing worked right. Until 3 days later the dvd stopped playing. When the dvd disc spins you can see the red laser lighting up. It goes from a narrow dot to a wider dot. Its not really bright as I would think it would be. The cd brightness it alot brighter. I have ran the ohms from 1350 to 600.. and its still not working. Im starting to think maybe I got a bad laser. Considering Im not really experienced with lasers and the voltage and stuff like that I cant be for sure to diagnose my problem right yet. I checked for the resistance of the coil and it came out fine. I cant find any good instructions or documentation on how these lasers work. If you can help me with ps2 laser knowledge or where I can buy a book I need it so bad right now.