1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 power/eject button mod

Discussion in 'PS2' started by xRichManx, Aug 29, 2004.

1. xRichManx

xRichManx Member

First off, to play my backed up games, I use Gameshark V2, then at the main screen I open the top and place in a backed up PS2 then boot it.

Today, I was really scared. As most of us know. Freak'in Sony made the power/eject buttons on the top part of the PS2 itself, so when I open up the top I have this silver cable that connects to the top. Back to the story, I accidently pulled against the top part itself, then the power turned off. I was afraid that I damaged the silver cable, but luckily, after a close observation, I notice that the cable wasn't damage, I accidently unpluged the silver cable.

To prevent this from happening ever again, I want to find a cheap way to make it so the power/eject buttons aren't apart of the top piece. One idea I have is cutting out a square area that is just around where I would have to pull out a cd (but give it enough room to put the cover thing over it(the thing that has the yellow caution sticker)

I was also thinking about investing in a "flip top." Do those have the power/eject buttons built into them. The only problem is that since i'm 17 and don't have a credit card, I couldn't buy it online.

Do you guys have any suggestions / comments?

2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

i didn't understand what you were talking about until your last comment. Yes, a fliptop would solve your problem.

3. lucifer69

lucifer69 Regular member

pay with money order I'm only 16 and i buy everything in internet with money order

4. aznbound

aznbound Regular member

Is there a good place to buy swap magic disks with money order? Mine works but i think its probably some scratches. Sometimes, it lags.

5. Fuzzy_C

Fuzzy_C Regular member

customps2.com i think takes money orders, if it doesn't then i know gocybershop.ca accepts them, it's where i buy all my stuff, cause they offer c.o.d. as well, but only to canadian customers

6. Wagz

Wagz Regular member

If you get a paypal account you can use your bank account to pay for things at online stores that accept paypal.

A good store is the site below, they accept paypal and have speedy deleveries.

http://www.consolesource.com

7. xRichManx

xRichManx Member

Really? All I have is a Wells Fargo saving account. Could I use that with PayPal?

8. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

doubt it, i think you need a checking account.