1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 Power on fault..PLEASE HELP!!

Discussion in 'PS2' started by mozzer7, Apr 4, 2007.

1. mozzer7

mozzer7 Member

hi guys.
    right heres the story. I was installing magic keys into the slimline earlier and trying to sort out Tool C. i could get it working but had to fiddle about to get it to stay. then all of a sudden it wouldn't power up.red light comes out, when pressed it stays green for a second and then goes back to red.....

I opened it up and looked ok. only thing i could see was near where tool C needs to go, just under the mother board cover was a small component and on the silver of it there was a light mark which is obviously made being touched by the tool c when trying to get it right.

what's the story here? I'm really pissed about this cos i was just planning on opening it up and taping the switch but thought I'd have 'one more go'. seems this one more go has cost me lots!

I think the important thing is that it does try to power up. nothing wrong with the switch or anything.

2. Z3120

Z3120 Regular member

I'm only assuming from what I've gathered from you and elsewhere about this issue, but you could have possibly short-circuited something on your motherboard because the metal piece was touching it and acted as a weird semi-conductor for the electrical current that was running along your board instead of you placing Tool C correctly hitting the switch. From what I can see, you must have damaged it hence by your light mark remark (excuse the pun). I'm sure someone else can clarify this on my behalf and give you a better reasoning which I think mine's a bit too inaccurate for reasons of not having as much experience with this.

3. simmo2302

simmo2302 Regular member

i agree, sounds like tool c was touching something it shouldn't have been and has caused a bridge tween 2 components.

i'd say u might have fried the ps2