1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ps2 problem or media/burning problem??

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by params7, Feb 14, 2007.

1. params7

params7 Member

I've been using only Sony16d1, which is accucore Sony DVD-R 16x.

I burn using IMGBURN at half the speed 8x, the maximum it'll go (even tried burning at 16x once but Imgburn only takes it up to 8x).

Mostly 50% of the game run absolutely fine, while the other half show stuttering and hanging in FMV scenes, long loading times.

I bought my ps2 premodded. Its a NTSC/J 70006 slimline Ps2. Its modded with some Matrix Infinity chip.

All the Ps1 games run fine and smooth, btw.

Also, I'd like to add I lately bought an original copy of Gran Turismo 4 (PAL version) and it too stutters a little bit at the opening FMV intro.

What is wrong?

Thanks for any help.

2. steimy

steimy Active member

you may want to clean your laser
    If that doesn't work it may need ajusting.

Usually those sort of things are due to the discs, but if you bought a retail copy of GT4 and it also skipped and stuttered then that would rule out the media
    Although i would not be burning them at 8X, i would slow that down to 4X

3. params7

params7 Member

I'm pretty sure my lens are clean. I have a slimline so I take care of the lens everytime (with cotton and air blow)

Is there a tutorial on laser adjusting for slimline? I think that might be the problem.

4. steimy

steimy Active member

i have not found one for the slimline yet. Hopefully someone can link you to a guide for adjusting it.