1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 Problem Post Mod

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by ninjadoc, Apr 7, 2005.

1. ninjadoc

ninjadoc Member

Installed EZI Pro on version 5R with version 7R GH-022 replacement mobo, which was working fine prior to install. Had all green leds, could disable chip with square, put toxic disc in drive, then laser went ballistic. Starting clicking, so I turned it off quickly. Rebooted, and drive tray would only partially, and slowly open before closing on its own. After checking all connections, cables, putting new cables, eventually removed chip, and still had same symptoms. Laser starts to click (lens moving up and down) on power up, and drive will not eject properly or at all sometimes. Removed laser, noted that it looked like a portion of the plastic housing was melted. With the laser out, the drive tray ejects properly. There are now bent/broken DSP or BIOS legs. All fuses checked out fine. Just curious if anyone felt a new laser may solve the problem. Otherwise I suppose it will be a new mobo and laser. I'd appreciate any help/suggestions.

2. clouser

clouser Guest

i think it was a combnation of your using a ver7 laser in a ver5 and then a mod just use a ver5 laser.