1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ps2 Problem

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Satty, Aug 24, 2003.

1. Satty

Satty Guest

I have a Ps2v3 I got a magic3 chip fitted in about 8 months ago and it has been playing cd r back ups fine and recently I decided to play on my ps2 and it hardly boots any backups up its like 1/100 chance it will boot a backup. Sometimes before i had to turn my ps2 on and off a couple of times to boot a backup up. Now when i stick a backup in it brings up playstation 1 screen with the ps1 logo scrambled.. can any1 help?

2. Toiletman

Toiletman Active member

It's probably some sort of DRE problem, or your chip is screwed. Is your magic chip real?

3. PS2PSX

PS2PSX Guest

this may sound stupid but may help, to boot ps2 games (originals,backups,cd and dvd format) here is the way i boot press eject button and insert disk then hold in reset button untill tray goes all the way back in then it will go in stand by. then count 10 seconds and hit power and it should boot up. for psx games and dvd movies do the same but when turning on just instead of hitting power hit power untill blue eject light comes on then release. if you count ten seconds it should alwys works if you have a real right installed magic3! or you should clean yourlaser with a q tip and alchohal that make performace with blank disk alot better. please tell me if this works.

4. robert34

robert34 Guest

thats how you are suppose to boot games with magic chips.

but it would be a good idea to clean the laser and get a dust out of there

5. PS2PSX

PS2PSX Guest

i know but i thought maybe he wasnt doing that.

6. telescope

telescope Regular member

Satty
    For how much time u didnot play on ur PS2??
    If its a great time then ur laser needs some cleaning
    If that also doesnot do then something wrong with the chip
    Just tell us could u play ur backups after cleaning ur laser
    For finding how to clean the laser
    Just search on google
    U will get a lot of stuff there

7. Satty

Satty Guest

ok thanks guys i'll try that when i get a chance to.