1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 Problem

Discussion in 'PS2' started by levski_26, Feb 8, 2005.

1. levski_26

levski_26 Member

I have no idea whats happening to my PS2, but I know its not supposed to work like that. First of all it wont play certain games that I use to be able to play, like The Getaway (burned version), and also it wont let me play FFX properly (it laggs on the cinematics).
    Can someone please tell me what the problem might be- I will appreciate advice whats so ever.

PS- it all started after I began to play a burned version of San Andreas, with swap magic. My PS2 is a v9 model. I hope that helps.

2. steimy

steimy Active member

how old is it? I started having problems with mine when the laser was going bad, but it mad load noises and would not load the discs at all once it did go bad.
    Before that i adjusted the laser when i was having problems and the games started working again, it was just not reading them right before i adjusted it. Like driving around in GTA Vice City, once you got moving fast the road ahead of you would just turn solid blue because the laser could not keep up with the disc.
    Could be something else but since you just wanted some input, there's my 2 cents worth.

3. levski_26

levski_26 Member

Yeah, my cousin told me that it's probably the lazer, and he told me how to clean it- so I did. But it still has problems. And by the way, those loud noises happen to me too when it cant read a disc- like San Andreas.

4. steimy

steimy Active member

I guess the next step would be to try to adjust the laser. If that doesn't work then there is a little plastic arm, i forget the actual name of it, that moves the laser on a screw type device that may not be working right. But i would try adjusting your laser and make sure that doesn't fix it before i go replacing stuff.
    Here is some good info i found that may help you.
    hope you get it working good again
    http://www.cyber-mag.com/station/laserPS2.htm