1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 Problem

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by SLAM416, Mar 30, 2005.

1. SLAM416

SLAM416 Member

Hi,
    Lately my PS2 has had problems functioning properly. It has been modded nearly a year ago and it has been working fine until now. My San Andreas does not work well anymore. I will play for about 10 minutes and the graphics progressively get vague until I can no longer see them or until it says there is Error reading the disc. It also seems like the game runs alot slower. This has no happened before. Also it tends to freeze on me or take a really long time to load. This is not just with this game but in general for most of the games.

Any suggestions to this problem?

Much appreciated.

2. clouser

clouser Guest

is it a burned game? what version is your ps2?

3. wtfisthis

wtfisthis Member

It is probly that your lens is dirty just go out and buy a lens cleaner and try that.I had the same porblem wit mine and that fix it.

4. SLAM416

SLAM416 Member

Yes it is burned games and I have a V7.
    I'm not sure if the lens is the problem because some games work fine. (ie. Fight Night) All my games use to work fine till now.

5. clouser

clouser Guest

have you changed your burning methods? that maybe it.

6. SLAM416

SLAM416 Member

Nope.
    All the games I have were working fine and the problem progressively developed

7. clouser

clouser Guest

try adjusting your laser it maybe that its just getting out of sync with the disc.

8. SLAM416

SLAM416 Member

I have no clue what to do. I've never opened the console

9. azn_kda

azn_kda Regular member

I suggest you get a HDD, network adapter, hdloader cd, put your game in the hdd and run it from there. i think the problem is probably the ps2 lens. getting what i suggested will save your lens.

if this is not the case, then probably your DVD-R. what brand are you using?

but I highly think it has something to do with the lens.

10. clouser

clouser Guest

11. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

Laser is dirty or on it's way to the big laser heaven in the sky. Running copied games puts an extra strain on the laser. Even more so with games like GTA SA which are reading off the disc continuously. And even if you burn with good media. Using a hard drive is a very good idea.