1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 Problems with CD-R

Discussion in 'PS2 - CD backup discussion' started by hyugayuri, Feb 25, 2007.

1. hyugayuri

hyugayuri Member

Everytime i try to boot up a backed up PSone Game it always comes back as if its an audio CD or it goes to the memory card screen and shows it as a PS2 Game when i click on the disc it seems to look like its loading up but then it goes back to that screen.

Backed up PS2 DVD's work fine, although this also happens with original Psone CD's.

Now when i bought the PS2 i was told something like holding reset button when playing CDR's so if anyone knows this method please reply.

One solution is if its possible to burn a PSone Game to a DVD that would solve it most likely, if thats not possible if someone could help me out that would be great

Thanks for reading and hope I can get this resolved.

2. neptune

neptune Regular member

what are u using to play your backup games ? chip or swap magic ?

and for a ps1 game all u need is an origonal ps1 game and swap the backup at the splash screen

3. hyugayuri

hyugayuri Member

im using chip, and the problem happens with my original PS1 Games as well. Plays backup and original PS2 Games but seems to hate PS1.

4. beefjerky

beefjerky Member

Seems kind of like the same for me, your ps2 dvd backups and cd-r ps2 backups are working but your psx cd-r backups arent' workin on your modded ps2. But aren't all modchips suppose to play backups or burnt psx games regardless of the modchip. Try putting the game in then putting it in standby then press the eject button the press it again and see if it boots up, could also be the way your burning it but i'm still not sure yet but you could try it out.

5. hyugayuri

hyugayuri Member

ill try that out and see if it works

-update-
    that worked, putting the system in standby then pressing eject button and then closing the tray makes it run. It doesn't work everytime as there seems to be a timing when closing it but I will get there, at least there running.

Thanks for the tip :)

Last edited: Feb 26, 2007
  6. beefjerky

beefjerky Member

Dang it works for you but not me?
    When you put the ps2 in standby and press the eject button do you press it imediately afterwards? You said this requires timing but whenever i do it i get the memory card screen then reading disk then the Insert a Ps2 or PsX game?

7. hyugayuri

hyugayuri Member

you have to do it quick but not too quick. but the fact that it says insert a disc means that you have a complete different problem from me.