1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 Pros Please Help!

Discussion in 'PS2' started by FreeGamer, Apr 18, 2005.

1. FreeGamer

FreeGamer Guest

Ok I tore apart my PS2 to vacuum it out...I was getting ready to put it back together and I acidently pulled the power ribbon out..So I tore it all apart to plug it back in..Now It turns on and everything..but just says reading disc forever then says disc read error..it wont even attemp to spin the disc..can someone please tell me if i missed hooking something up right or something?? THANK YOU

2. pro`noob

pro`noob Regular member

sounds to me like you hooked something up wrong. look around for a diagram of the board for your version ps2 and see how it all should be. try looking on modchip websites, they will have pictures on their instruction pages of all the different boards.

3. Ag3ntNe0

Ag3ntNe0 Guest

I play my ps2 completely taken apart and have repaired mine and many others. I know exactly how everything goes in. If you could take some pics of ur ps2 and post back I could help you

4. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

Did you bump the laser assembly piece at all? You could have knocked it offline while you were putting it back together possibly, but hopefully not.