1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ps2/psx + swap disc questions

Discussion in 'PS2 - CD backup discussion' started by tempolly, May 10, 2007.

1. tempolly

tempolly Member

Hi,

I was just wondering, is it possible to merge two things onto one CD and have one work first, then the other? I have psx/ps2 backups and was wondering if such a thing could be done. Merging an Action Replay (or any swap disc) and a game together. Are there reasons why this wouldn't work? It would cut out the hassle of swapping or soldering modchips.

Does Action Replay (or any other swap disc) know the secret to the system protection? Can't CD-R's simply be patched with the Action replay knowledge?

Regards.

2. Z3120

Z3120 Regular member

I know you can combine multiple games, whether they're from CD-based PS2 games or PS2 DVD-based games, as long as the sizes are small enough and the file names don't conflict with one another, then you can indeed have a multi-game disk in one disc. As for combining Swap Magic, Action Replay, Codebreaker, or whatever AND games with it, I doubt it'll work since you need something like SM to boot the backed-up game/import before you could even switch between games.

3. oxygene85

oxygene85 Member

if so, can we play PSX games on DVD