1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 questions from total NOOB. Please be nice. ^_^

Discussion in 'PS2' started by frostbyt, Nov 12, 2007.

1. frostbyt

frostbyt Member

OK, There's a ton of information on this site and all looks good and helpful. It's a bit overwhelming though since I'm not sure where to start.

I have 4 boys that like gaming and we are getting them a system for X-Mas, but have not purchased anything yet, but are looking. Is there a classified section on this site? If not are you allowed to have members message you if they have a system to sell?

I'm looking at being able to either play burned disks or add a hard drive so they can be played without the disks. Little boys are not the most gentle and have destroyed a number of DVD's to date so I want a solution that will make me not want to asdlfkja;sdljf; them if they break a disk or eliminate the disk completely from the scenario.

I'm pretty handy and could easily install a mod chip with some basic instructions, but where to start? Suggestions or links to other pages that would help me would be greatful. Thanks

2. masesaco

masesaco Regular member

When you choose the modchip you want to install, go to the site of the brand, they have tutorials how to install, with pics, or videos, thei have also blue prints, or schemes.
    I recommend Matrix Infinity, as you will not have problems with the software.

3. qwerty87

qwerty87 Member

If you're in the UK I recommend www.ps3consolemods.co.uk for a pre-modded console on which you can use back-up discs, so if they do get destroyed, just burn a few more. It may seem a good idea to mod it yourself but in my opinion it's really worth the price to have it done for you. No working out what to solder where or annoying firmware installation. \o/

Also you might come across a pre-modded console on ebay complete with hdd and the other things you want. Just make sure you get sent to you via insured post.

4. frostbyt

frostbyt Member

Thanks for the help. I ended up finding a modded fat boy with the Matrix 1.93, flip top, and 80 gig hard drive on ebay. There's not too many on ebay like that and the seller had 1 other modded system and one with just a hard drive, but no mod so I think it should be fine. Good feedback too.

Is there anything else I should or could do to the system to trick it out? It's got a cool see through green case, but that's just a little fun. I like the guts! It should hopefully do everything I want with backup discs playable and storing the games to the hard drive so the laser lasts longer. Oh, it also had the laser replaced with a new one.