1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 Read Errors

Discussion in 'PS2' started by colebert, Jan 23, 2003.

1. colebert

colebert Member

Ok, so I bought a Magic 3.6 and am getting read to install it. I figured I had better get the disassemby mastered first, so I took it apart and put it back together.

After I put it back together the PS2 won't read discs. It recognizes memory cards, boots up to the browser, even recognizes a disc is inserted, but keeps on saying "Reading Disc."

I checked the cables are all replaced properly.

I have a V7. Any suggestions?

2. colebert

colebert Member

Just to clairify. I only put on the snap on portion or the Magic 3.6, then removed it. So no soldering. It just sits there reading the disc.

3. Wast-y

Wast-y Member

It sounds to me that you displaced one of the ribbons that streches out of your drive. I remember the worst one for me was the widest gold ribbon that you assemble first as you string togather your drive. Notice that this one clips, it doesnt insert. this happened to me once before.

hope this helps.

4. colebert

colebert Member

I also accidentially moved the sliding eye mechanism on my drive when i was taking it out. Would moving it while it was off cause this?