1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 Reading DVD-R

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by JRock22, Mar 28, 2005.

1. JRock22

JRock22 Guest

I have been trying to make a DVD copy of some videos that I have stored on my hard drive. I tried burning them onto a DVD+R and they wouldn't read in my PS2. Then I tried burning a DVD-R and they still wouldn't read. But I know my PS2 can read them cause I have a few DVD-R's that my PS2 does read. My question is that is there a certain program or a certain way you have to burn DVD-R's to get them to work on a PS2?

2. thugs121

thugs121 Regular member

Hi,

What is the brand name of dvd discs are you using?
    What kind of dvd burner do you have?

I ask because if you used cheap dvd discs...not a lot of players are compatible with them cheapos....

3. newb_11

newb_11 Member

Yo JRock,

There are no special programs or methods you need to use in order to get DVD movies to play on your PS2.

When ever asking for advice, the more info you post along with your question the better. What kind of format are your video's you have stored on your hard drive.

You can try switching your burning software. 2 free programs many people use that work great are DVD shrink and DVD Decrypter.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2005
  4. JRock22

JRock22 Guest

Well, the format of the movies are MPG file, but they also say they're VCD.

I've been using Memorex DVD-R's on my Micro Advantage Internal 16x8 DVD Dual Drive.

And the program I've been using is Nero Vision Express 3.

5. hursty

hursty Active member

ps2's are very picky when it comes down to media type,and those are not the best.

depending on the version of ps2 you have,the dvd+r may not anyway

v3 and below only accept dvd-r,(although some people claim to have used dvd+r,???,ignor that though)
    v4 dvd+r maybe
    v5 and above dvd-r/dvd+r

i would suggest trying a different media type

6. JRock22

JRock22 Guest

Thanks for the assistance.

I went out today and got some Sony DVD-R's. Hopefully they will work.