1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 reads only PS1 backups

Discussion in 'PS2' started by thor14, Feb 8, 2003.

1. thor14

thor14 Member

I have a magic 3 mod chip currently installed in my PS2.I have benn using Alcohol 120% ,and so far so good.BUt, it will only read the Playstation games, and not the Playstaton 2 games.What am I doing wrong?

2. c7015

c7015 Regular member

what dvd drive or dvd burner do you have

3. thor14

thor14 Member

I dont have a DVDrw, but I havent been trying the DVD games,only the compact Disc games.Am I burning wrong or something?

4. foxx199

foxx199 Member

I have the same problem,I have a magic 3 with clip, for a ps2v-7,and it only reads ps-1 back ups,I was told, when u load the ps2 games, just press the red light on, for no more then 1 sec, soo it will read for ps2 games, i do that ,and it still wont work, it's wierd ,cus I see the ps2 game that i burn,a compack game, on a
    tdk 700mb 80min cd-r, i see the game pop up at the menu screen, where the memory cards are, i see the game a press it,and sometimes i get playstation on my t.v. and it frezze, or black screen, it like it tries to load, but i don't know can any one help me?

thank you

5. tunameus

tunameus Guest

I just got the Magic 3 chip and clip put in on my v7. The ps2 games didn't work until i opened the trey put the game in, with the trey still out, reset the ps2 and let the ps2 close the trey, and then the game worked. Try that method and if it still doesn't work then something went wrong on the install, because there isn't much to backing up a Ps2 game.

6. foxx199

foxx199 Member

IT STILL WONT WORK, IT READS THE DISK, AND THEN I SEE PLAYSTATION, ON MY T.V,WHIOLE IT READING THE THE DISK, I THOUGHT IT WAS GOING WORK, CUS I SAWL LIKE THOSE VIDEO FLASH ON THE T.V.WHEN IT WAS READING THE DISK ,BUT ALL IT DID WAS FREEZE,WHILE IT SAID PLAYSTATION

7. c7015

c7015 Regular member

you said that it freezes do you have the chip clip by any chance

8. foxx199

foxx199 Member

YES, I HAE THE CHIP CLIP, I NEED TO TRY A DVD-R