1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 Reality 1.50 (full guide)

Discussion in 'PS2' started by robert34, Aug 23, 2003.

1. robert34

robert34 Guest

How to make a divx/xvid/mp3/jpg disc with ps2reality 1.50

*Read everything before you start to do this, its good to familiarise the steps.

*You need some sort of method to play backups. (Magic3.1 , Messiah 2 , DMS3, Fliptop and SMD) etc....

* DO NOT USE NERO BURNER... IT WILL NOT LOAD THE IMAGE PROPERLY AND YOU WILL JUST WASTE A DISC!!!

* I have provided all the tools needed to make a successful disc!

Tools you will need:

1) PS2 Reailty Player 1.50

2) CDRWIN *DO NOT USE NERO BURNER , THERE IS A BUG IN THE PROGRAM THAT WILL NOT
    BURN THE SECTORS TO A BIN AND CUE IMAGE FILE CORRECTLY!!!!!

3) WinRAR 3.20

4) Cdgenps2 v2

Getting Ready:

1) Download ps2reality, and Unzip it to a folder.

2) Download the newest version CDRWIN , and install it.

3) Download the newest version of WinRAR, and install it.

4) Download Cdgenps2 and unzip it if its needed.

Making and Burning the Image File:

1) Open cdgenps2.exe

2) Open your folder with the mediaplayer files in it.

3) Open the folder ps2.

4) Select all the files in this folder and drag them into the cdgenps2 windows you opened earlier.

5) Find your divx/xvid/mp3/jpg file(s) and drag them into cdgenps2 window.

6) You should now have a list in this order:

CDGENPS2
    LETTER.CHR
    COPY2.CNF
    IDIOMA.TXT
    COPY.CNF
    LICENSES.TXT
    MCLOADER.ELF
    MCUPLOAD.TXT
    OGG.RAR
    PS2MEDIA.RAR
    SYSTEM.CNF
    UNRAR.IRX
    DivX/XviD/Mp3/Jpg file

*IF ITS NOT EXACTLY IN THIS ORDER DONT WORRY
    JUST MAKE SURE THE MOVIE OR SONG OR PICTURE IS LAST

7) Next go to File then Save Image.

8) Save the image as a bin/cue in a folder. ( after this step it will look like windows has frozen, but just wait, it will finish)

7) Open up CDRWIN and click on the top left icon. (Record Disc)

8) On the right hand side, you will see a button named Load Cuesheet , click here and then select the cue file you made earlier.

9) On the bottom, switch the speed to 2x, then on the right hand side click Start Recording.

10) You should have created a succesfull divx/xvid/mp3 disc !!!!

Booting Instructions:

*You must have some sort of booting method to play backups.
    (magic3.1 , messiah2 , flip top + swap magic boot disc, swipe card + swap magic)

1) Put the Disc in and boot as how you would boot a ps2 backup game.

2) After the Playstation 2 Logo, Some stuff will come up about ps2reality , just click x and it will go away.

3) You will now have a Menu with the following:

Applications In The MC
    Load Media Player from MemCard
    Load Media Player from CDROM
    Load Media Player from Ps2vfs
    Memory Card Manager
    Configure IP

4) Go to Load Media Player from CDROM

5) You now get more windows about the license. Again just press x 2 times and you will get to the Disclaimer page. Press Start
    and Select your language

6) You will now have a Menu with the Following:
    Play
    Broswer
    MP3 Player
    JPG Viewer
    Configuration
    Configure Net
    Staff

7) Go to Configuration and you will have yet another menu with the following:
    Save Options
    Center Screen
    High Quality/Medium Quality/Low Quality
    Depth 16/32 Bit
    Switch GMT
    Fonts CDROM

8) Go to Center Screeen and choose NTSC or PAL and center your screen.

9) Make sure that the Quality is High, not medium or low. (If the movie is having troubles playing switch to Medium or Low)

10) Make sure the Depth is 32Bit (Again if your having trouble change it to 16Bit)

11) Go to Save Options and it will save your default language and the options you just changed to your memory card.

12) Go back to the Main Menu so you can play your file

For Playing Movies DivX/XviD, Go to Play
    For Playing MP3, Go to MP3 Player
    For Playing JPG's go to JPG Player

*Some Movies may take longer to play.

If you are having trouble making this work, try the following:

1) Burn on a high quality CDR, Unbranded CDR might now work. Some good brands for CD's are
    Verbatim, Memorex, TDK, Ritek. Whatever works for playing backups of ps2 games should work!

2) Burn at the slowest speed possible, It might take a longer but you have a better chance of it working.

3) DO NOT USE NERO BURNER. It has been reported on many sites that there is a bug in the program.
    which will screw up the sectors and make a bad disc. USE CDRWIN!!!!!

4) If it says that you need to insert a ps2 or ps1 format disc then you probably need a modchip,
    or some other method of playing backups.

5) If you are using the swap trick, you wont be able to boot anything over 74min\650mb GET A MODCHIP!

Thanks to the PS2 Reality Team for creating this!!!!!__X_X_X_X_X_[small]ps2 v7 39001
    Official Magic 3.1
    NEWLY UPDATED PS2 Reality 1.50 Guide:
    http://www.geocities.com/x7r3m3_b0mb3r/ps2reality.html
    [/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2003
  2. TripleX

TripleX Regular member

Deleted..._X_X_X_X_X_[small]Obey the rules and you'll be fine...[/small]

Last edited: Aug 24, 2003
  3. Wulfie66

Wulfie66 Regular member

uh, don't forget to mention that the LBA of system.cnf MUST be 12231 if you are using the fliptop and SMD! Also, all other files should have an LBA higher than system.cnf

4. robert34

robert34 Guest

I thought that the newer version of ps2 reality didnt require any change of the LBA whether you were using swap magic or not.

I remember when i used 1.0 i had to change the LBA but the next versions i didn't.

Does this mean that for ps2reality 1.0, users with modchips and users who use swap magic had to both change the LBA. Then when the newer versions came out you only had to change the LBA if you were using swap magic??????

Wulfie have you tried not changing the LBA with the ps2reality 1.5???? Does it work or not????

Also I saw on there website that Mcloader.elf had to be changed to 12232

5. SwampRat

SwampRat Member

worked perfectly for me...magic 3.1

6. robert34

robert34 Guest

did you change the LBA of any File???... I have magic3.1 also and i didnt have to do anything... this guide works for me and many others i know

7. SwampRat

SwampRat Member

after creating the bin/cue file, i use Cdmage to correct errors. Open your file with cdmage->Scan for Corruption->Repair corrupted sectors->Rebuild sectors fields...this is all in one of the menus. Then burn the cd and it should play perfectly

8. robert34

robert34 Guest

you dont need to do that with the newer versions of ps2reality, and newer cdgenps2.

It doesnt find any errors. At least not for me.

It just fixes it so you can play the movie on ur computer.

9. ctsw2001

ctsw2001 Member

I'm having trouble trying to burn the image. I was using Nero 6 and it said it could burn the oversized imgae whixh is 828mb. Downloaded CDRWin 3.9, but it won't recognize my Pioneer 106. Tried downloading every ASPI.exe without any success, lpease help.

10. zamsak

zamsak Regular member

Do not go above 4X. I have wasted about 7 CDs when I burned them at 8X. Also I suggest you to use Nero 5. The newer writers do not support below 8X. Had to get my old one out. Hope it helps

11. robert34

robert34 Guest

828mb is way to big, 807mb is the max size for the bin image.

zamsak i have a new cd burner and it burns at 1x.

my burner also doesnt work with cdrwin, I use fireburner instead. you need to buy it though.

You could try splitting the movie and making 2 discs and burning with nero, but i and other have had promblems getting it to work. The bug with the sectors may have been fixed with the newer version of nero burner, but im not sure.

12. ctsw2001

ctsw2001 Member

I'm well confused then. The origonal avi file size was 717mb before I used ISO Buster and CDGENPS2, then it became 828mb. The issue I've got is that all the other avi's I've got are arounf the same 715mb. So will any off them come out at less than 807mb ???

13. GlennT

GlennT Regular member

hello. i just got the new reality player, but i'm having problems installing it onto the memory card. i got the new thing that lets you load files from a cd-rom to your memory card, then later boot the file BOOT.ELF by inserting a psx cd that's named in the title.db file.

i insert the psx cd and it starts to load the player, but when i choose to run from memory card, it won't let me. screen just kinda flashes, and stays at the menu. if at this point i swap the cd for the reality media player burnt cd that i made in the first place, i can choose to load from cd, but that's no different from loading it through Action Replay.

then, if i choose to install to memory card, it gives an error saying that the file cannot be creasted or something.

anyopne know how to get this working on my PAL v3 ps2, unmodded.

14. robert34

robert34 Guest

ok for ctsw2001, You can use a divx file with the extension of .avi or .divx, the video has to be 701mb, and then you need to add the files, which i think turns out to be about 2mb so its 703mb in total.

Some burning software wont let you go over 700mb but there is really 703mb on the cd to actually burn. If you want to continue with that .avi file then you will either have to split the movie or buy an 90min/800mb cdr.

When you make the bin and cue, it will be much bigger than the stuff in them. you wont be able to burn a 800mb bin file using data write, because it would write the bin file, not the stuff in them.

I dont remember why its so much bigger though.

So use an avi file that is 701mb or lower

then you will probably come out to a bin file that is 807mb or lower.

GlennT how are you booting your backups?

Your CD may be corrupt. Try using my guide, just dont put the avi file in it

burn with cdrwin at 1x, and make sure that nothing else is running!

and try burning with a good brand of cd, like verbatim or tdk

15. robert34

robert34 Guest

are you using the ps1drv exploit?

16. mladen85

mladen85 Guest

i burned all my movies at 8X or 16x and they all work fine. Why?
    And i used nero express to do it with_X_X_X_X_X_[small]Ps2 v7 magic 3.1
    Dvd burner - pioneer dvr a05 dvd-r
    [/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2003
  17. GlennT

GlennT Regular member

well, never mind, i got iot working now.

here's my post from the ps2ownz forum:-

"ok people, i actually got this fully working now. this is what's on my cd's.

cd1:-

\fifademo\gamez.elf
    \files\boot.elf
    \files\ipconfig
    \files\ps2ip.irx
    \files\ps2link.irx
    \files\ps2smap.irx
    \sce_dd\ioprp16
    \sce_dd\ioprp20
    \sce_dd\ioprp165
    \sce_dd\ioprp202
    \cdvd.irx
    \dummy.000
    \expinst.elf
    \msystem
    \ps2load.elf
    \readme
    \system
    \title

the system is always fixed lba 12231, title was made using titleman to add the title of my psx game and msystem was edited so that the first line reads

\Exploit Installer\cdrom0:\EXPINST.ELF;1

cd2:- (ps2 reality cd)

\copy
    \copy2
    \idioma
    \letter.chr
    \liscences
    \mcloader.elf
    \mcupload
    \ogg.rar
    \ps2media.rar
    \system
    \unrar.irx

again the system was fixed lba 12231

cd3:-

\fifademo\gamez.elf
    \files\boot.elf
    \files\cdvd.irx
    \files\copy
    \files\copy2
    \files\idioma
    \files\letter.chr
    \files\liscences
    \files\mcloader.clf
    \files\mcupload
    \files\ogg.rar
    \files\ogg.elf
    \files\ps2ip.irx
    \files\ps2media.rar
    \files\ps2media.elf
    \files\ps2smap.irx
    \files\ps2vfs.irx
    \files\sjpcm.irx
    \files\system
    \files\unrar.irx
    \sce_dd\ioprp16
    \sce_dd\ioprp20
    \sce_dd\ioprp165
    \sce_dd\ioprp202
    \cdvd.irx
    \dummy.000
    \expinst.elf
    \msystem
    \ps2load.elf
    \readme
    \system
    \title

again system was fixed lba 12231, and msystem was edited, tite created with titleman. i'm not sure if all the files on this third cd were needed, so they mat just be taking up unneccessary memory card space, but i really don't know???

so here's what i did. boot cd1 and at the menu's press x until it installs everything in the files directory to the memory card (note that when it has finished instillation, it's still spiining, but i think it's safe to eject it)

boot cd2, and under the memory manager, chooses to copy files from the cd/install files to the memory card

boot cd3 and again press x at the menu's until it installs everything to the memeory card.

now reset the concsole and insert the psx cd that you specified in title.db

you should now be greeted with the MCloader screen. from here you should now be able to choose, boot from memory card.

voila. i'm just waiting now for a boot menu program that doesn't need folders and is under 8mb, ha ha. how big is the swap magic disk by the way. if someone had an image of that on the web they could put that company out of business with this new exploit. ha ha.

anyways, i hope this files list helps for thse wh were having trouble"

18. GlennT

GlennT Regular member

holy crap people. i just noticed that once you've loaded the ps2 reality media thing, and have mcloader boot up when you put in you specified psx game, IT IS POSSIBLE TO BOOT PS2 CD-R BASED BACKUPS.

i just tried it and it worked. i turn on the ps2 (unmoded, except for the memory card explot/relity player thing), insert the psx game. this gives me the mcloader screen. the disc is still spinning, but you can still swap trick for your PS2 backup (though i don't know what dammage it would do in the long run). then just choose to run reality media player "from cd" and your backup will boot up.

so far i tried it with dave mirra bmx, smugglers run, and oni. all three worked fine!!!

it won't work with psx games or dvd based ps2 games, but it's still the best TOTALLY FREE solution i have ever seen. (well it's free if you have the original fifa demo disk to boot the exploits to start with. or if you know someone who will lend you their action replay/gameshark or whatever just for one time)

still, a boot program loaded onto the mem card would be a better solution. but i don't know of any that will fit on the memory card, or any that don't use folders.

still, one step at a time...

19. KoS_Maken

KoS_Maken Member

Im having a problem. The videos i play, whether its from cdvd or my comp throught ps2fvs, the video skips. whats the problem, is there a way to fix it?

20. robert34

robert34 Guest

it could be a codec problem, or it could be that the video you are trying to watch has glitches in it.