1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 Reality Media Player - movie stops at 30 min

Discussion in 'PS2' started by xpiderman, Jun 5, 2004.

1. xpiderman

xpiderman Guest

Hi !

My PS2 is a 50001 chipped with a Magic 5 and when I try to play DIVX or XVID movies in a Reality Media Player the movie stops between 25 and 32 minutes.

If a advance from start to above 30 min I can view the remaining of the movie normally.

I have tried with the movie on the same CD of the PS2 Reality and with the PS2 Reality on a CD and the movie on other CD and the problem is the same.

I have tried with many movies with some bitrates, DivX and XViD and the problem is the same.

I have tried many configurations of buffers and anything work.

Anybody can help me ?

Sorry about my poor english.

2. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

does it apprear random or exact time?.. if the same time all the time its probably a problem either the ps2 that reads to that point and stops or reach somekind of state that it cant go on no more... this can be poor media.. or burning to fast..

i might need more info for this... did you make the cds with movies?... what speed did you burn if you did them... and what kind of cds you burn on.. 90mins.. 80mins.. 74mins.. 99mins... and what brand like tdk gpt silverline.. more info might help fiding the problem ^_^

3. xpiderman

xpiderman Guest

Hi Cyprien, thanks for you answer.

Here comes more info:

I burn the movies in some different medias (Maxell, TDK, DrHank, Plasmon, LG), all with 80 minutes. I have burned in 4x and 8x in more than 5 different CDRW drives (LG 24x / LG 40x / Samsung 24x / LG Combo 52x/16x and others).

The point of stop is the same for each movie, but different movie by movie. For example, the movie A always stops at 28 minutes and the movie B always stops at 31 minutes.

I do not supect of the medias or the burn process. I have tested with more than 30 movies and have burned 4 different PS2 Reality Players.

I think the problem is relative a version of my console (50001 NTSC) and the modchip (Magic 5), or any configuration in the drive or buffers parameters of Reality Media Player.

4. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

maybe its not copatible with the ps2.... did you try installing the media player on the mem card?... or using the latest ver the 1.50b?....

5. xpiderman

xpiderman Guest

I have tried loading from CD and loading from memory card. The two modes makes the same problem. I´m using the last version of PS2 Reality Player, the 1.50b. I think the only mode of solution this problem is any configuration in parameters of CD/DVD buffers of PS2 Reality Media.

6. bigboneli

bigboneli Guest

I too am having problems of the intermittent kind with ps2 media player 1.50. I don't put all the files on the cd with the avi file, i just have it as a 'boot' cd if you will, and then eject put in my cd with my avi on it. Some movies are absolutely perfect, but some, like others I have read about in previous threads, are choppy, skipping anywhere from every 5 seconds, to every 30 seconds. I've ruled out burn speed, media, etc (it's played EVERY divx/xvid i've thrown at it. The last post about it's buffering ability is the closest I can think of to what may be causing the problem. I'm going to keep trying different variations, and hopefully we'll figger it out, as there's nothing worth than a glitch. Except for maybe an audio out of sync on a TS-proper. :0)

7. [iD]EG6

[iD]EG6 Regular member

Why don't y'all just buy a DVD Player? I got a decent one that supports EVERYTHING. And got it less than 100 bucks. Worth the time and you don't got to keep wasting your money on DVDs and burning them.

8. bigboneli

bigboneli Guest

because as far as i know, there's only one player that does avi's, the kiss player or something, and it's in europe.

9. xpiderman

xpiderman Guest

Hi bigbonelli !
    My problem is not intermitent like yours, it´s frequent. All the movies stops between 25 or 32 minutes. If I fast forward above the poit of movie stops the remaining of movie plays perfectly. And as you say.... the KISS DVD player it´s the only can play DivX or Xvid and here in Brazil we dont have how buy it. I want make PS2 Reality Player works by my convenience and "a question of challenge". Sorry about my english.

10. bigboneli

bigboneli Guest

My problems are like this...I burned several episodes of Kevin Spencer, about 150 meg each as a data CD with nero. They play skip free. I just got all of the Most Extreme Challenge Episodes, and burning them as a data cd (they too are about the same size), they skip every 3 seconds. So I don't know if size is the matter (though most chicks will tell ya it is ;) )..Some movies, being 700meg will play fine, while some will skip at 30-40 second intervals. It makes it frustrating, cuz ya never know till ya throw it in the PS2. I've never had one stop playing at a point. I'm also having problems with burned ps1 games, don't know if it's related, but, BUT, it could start to be pointing to a laser/head problem. Don't really know, but hope it isn't that. Mine is a version 10 i think i was told, and it's had hundreds of games booted on it, but only played for 30 seconds each, so i can't see it being the lens dirty or something. I'll keep experimenting, and hopefully you'll do the same and we'll figger this OUT!

11. ahafeez0

ahafeez0 Guest

Hey guys. I was really excited to hear abt playing divx movies on my PS2 but things rnt working out... the program works fine and when i press play it says FILE INDEXING or something like that , then it crashes when it is LOADING BUFFERS. please help me out. i have , what i think is, a perfect mod chip which allows me to play psx and ps2 backups. The movie i wanna play is 700 MB and xvid ( Eurotrip ) y'all shud check it out ;-D

12. bigboneli

bigboneli Guest

are you using v 1.50b? of ps2 reality media player?
    also, burn a small divx or xvid movie clip if you have one laying around
    also, i burn my divx/xvid at 12x, so make sure yer not burning em too fast.
    with the price of cdr's, it's worth it to experiment a little with this program, as the benefit of being able to play divx/xvid is great.
    just try burning small at a slow speed, and see if it gets up to 99-100% on the loading buffers part, and report back what happens. out.

13. ahafeez0

ahafeez0 Guest

Oh i forgot to say...i tried burning at 8x and 4x both were unsuccessful. Yes i am using the latest version of PS2Reality. Ive also tried switching between PAL and NTSC (the option in the program...not my TV) but nada
    right now im gonna burn something on a Sony 700 MB CD 1-48x at 12x. Another thing i was wondering about that wasnt explained clearly in the read me was the "Fix LBA" thing...whats that about? Im gonna try to burn a Friends Episode ( 100 - 200 MB) report back in a bit

14. Tony216

Tony216 Guest

LOOK EVERYBODY!!! I CAN SEE THAT YOU GUYS HAVE A COMPUTER AS IF OTHERWISE YOU GUYS WOULDNT HAVE POST ANY MESSAGES. THIS BRINGS ME TO MY NEXT QUESTION WHY THE H*LL WONT YOU GUYS JUST WATCH THE D*MN MOVIES ON YOUR COMPUTER. AND IF YOU NEED A DVD DRIVE BUY ONE AT WALMART RIGHT NOW FOR 44.99 THEN YOU COULD PLAY THE MOVIES. TADA!!! PROBLEM SOLVED. AND ONE MORE THING UR COMPUTER PLAYS DIVX FILES OR WHATTEVER THEY R CALLED.

15. bigboneli

bigboneli Guest

Thank you for your input, genius. You've just cleared up everything for us we've obviously been wasting our time on. Or not....

First, yes, I know PC's play Divx/Xvid. My PC has dual monitors, and a 30foot S-Vid out to my RCA 52" Projection TV. I COULD play the Divx off of the PC to the TV, but prefer the sound coming from my home stereo, NOT from my pc's 5.1 speakers. I also have a standalone Apex 1500 with hacked firmware that is macrovision/region free. So yes, it plays EVERYTHING, except Divx/Xvid.

So, just because you and YOUR family may like to pull up the kitchen chairs and sit around your little computer desk to watch a movie, me and MY family prefer to watch them in the comfort of our living room on a big screen with full surround sound.

As this media player can help us accomplish this all through our beautiful little PS2, I don't know what point you were trying to get across with your post at all.

So for now, you can go CAPLOCK flame another post you have no knowledge of, or go back to watching your little 12meg pr0n clips you've p2p'd on your pc screen, and let us that want to get up off of our computer chairs and sit on a couch to watch a flick alone.

16. punx777

punx777 Regular member

read the rules TONY, no posting in caps lock

17. [iD]EG6

[iD]EG6 Regular member

Omfg, you guys are dumfuks. No offense. Just hook your computer to your television if you want to watch it on your television.

18. bigboneli

bigboneli Guest

Apparently none of you can read well. I already HAVE it hooked up to my bigscreen. But that's not the point, the point is to use the PS2 as a standalone DIVX/XVID player, so as to also get full Surround Sound thru the home theatre amp, instead of thru my PC's stereo. Of course it can easily be done the way you're suggesting, but ANY retard can do it that way. Perhaps that's why so many of you are suggesting it. However, figuring out how to do it and have it work 100% without any PC involvement is the journey here. And when my PC is doing the 'tv-out' thing to my Bigscreen, the PC is then basically out of use for anyone that may want to use it. Are any lights going off over your heads yet? Any bells ringing? Not all of us live in our parents basement with their cobbled together pc's and their topless ps2's scattered all over the basement floor, so answers to situations like this are not only stimulating for the mind, but they help keep OUR houses looking soooo much neater than yours. So keep flaming that which you're obviously too simple to understand, and remain inferior to those of us with ambition.

You make me laugh.

19. Tony216

Tony216 Guest

I got another solution.

If your DVD Burner has a jack for the headphones you could first plug your computer to your big ass tv then buy an inexpensive video and audio (yellow, white, red)plug and plug it from your burner to your ass I mean sterio.

20. bigboneli

bigboneli Guest

So, so helpful... Or I could run Audio Out from my TurtleBeach-SantaCruz sound card to my Amp, along with the 30ft S-Vid cable I have from my Dual Display/TV-Out Video Card. But since this thread started from trying to get the actual PS2 Media Player to work without all of that, I see no reason for any of these 'run this wire up your ass' posts. Perhaps some day when you own more than one TV and move out of your mommys basement and have some professional equipment you can call your own, you too will try and be helpful to others instead of suggesting where to stick wires, all in the name of jealousy.

And no, your idiotic suggestions don't work if I want to play a divx on a tv from the ps2 say, up in the kids toy room, on THAT television. So keep flipping them burgers, someday you too may have more than one telly and won't be such a jerk to others that have a little more than you.