1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ps2 Recognizes , but won't play backup......

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by ta2d2001, Feb 15, 2005.

1. ta2d2001

ta2d2001 Guest

I backed up Norrath using swapmagicfix's instructions , and when I load it , it goes to the memory card or disc selection screen. It is recognizing the disc as a playstation2 disc , but when you select it , the screen goes black for a minute and then back to the selection screen....

Any ideas?

2. JRoland

JRoland Member

Are you using SwapMagic to boot? Sorry to insult you, but I just want to be sure.

Also, what media are you using to burn games? And lastly, what method are you using to burn games, e.g. DVD Decrypter, Nero Write/DVD Decrypter READ?

3. ta2d2001

ta2d2001 Guest

Yes , the newest swapmagic to boot.

I believe the media is Legacy brand. I have no problems burning movies or other ps2 games with these disks.

I started by extracting the iso with dvddecrypter. I assume it extracted both layers of the dvd9 because the iso was over 8 gigs. I then extracted all of the files using ultraiso one time , and isobuster another. Then I rebuilt the iso using cd/dvd gen 1.20 as instructed by swapmagicfix.com.

I burned using nero once and dvddecrypter iso/write another time. Both methods produced the same results.

I guess my only other option will be to hand place all the files , but i cant figure out how to keep the directories intact in cd/dvd gen when i move the files over.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2005
  4. JRoland

JRoland Member

Hello,

When you have been successful in backing up previous games, where any of them over 4.7GB? In other words, is this your first attempt at doing a Dual Layer backup?

Sorry if it seems like I'm interagating or something ;)

5. ta2d2001

ta2d2001 Guest

yes , it is my first DL attempt. I even followed the guide in the User Submitted Guides section of this forum http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/71589 and where they say to add some of the BG data files from layer0 to disc two , and from layer1 to disc one , I cant even find those files in my extracted iso or even directly from the disc....

So it makes me wonder if the Ultraiso program I am using is reading Both layers. Ultraiso tells me it only sees about 4 gigs worth of it and I dont know how to go about making it read and extract both layers.... BUT , DVDDECRYPTER extracted an iso image of just over 8 gigs. Should I assume it got both layers? Even so... the files mentioned above where still not present.

I will be buying a second copy of Norrath tomorrow , so I guess it doesnt really matter , I just hate the fact that I dont know why it isnt working.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2005