1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ps2 Regarding Help

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Y2kSnake, Nov 15, 2004.

1. Y2kSnake

Y2kSnake Guest

Hey my name is Gabino, im from Brownsville, Texas and I would like to ask you guys for help.
    About two days ago, I had my ps2 on the floor and my cousi accidently pulled on the ps2 remote control and dropped the ps2 on its side. It had the game GTA San Andreas inside, and now everytime I try to play the game, it loads up good but at first it wouldn't load outside of my safe point. I couldn't step outside or it would freeze. Now I cleaned the cd a bit, eventhough its barely scratched at all! and now it kinda works, but it still freezes when u go into the water or when u go to certain places. I was just wondering if anyone could know what the problem here is and how to fix it. Could it be the ps2? or did the ps2 at the moment of droping scratch the game with the laser. OH btw, my ps2 was 6 months old when the laser failed. I had to get it replaced with a friend of mine, and so comes the other problem. My friends son, was playing a game on it, he then decided to put a movie on and it asked for a parental password. The little kid put some random numbers and now the machine is locked to movies. Is there any way to erase the password?
    This is very very urgent plz :p If you guys have any info, I would appreciate it if you would reply to this post and or email me at noemailsallowed@afterdawn.com
    Please donot email me to noemailsallowed@afterdawn.com because it is full of spam emails and i rarely read it.

Thanks for your time

Gabino
    aka
    Y2k_Snake

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2004
  2. nelswick

nelswick Regular member

to delete the password power on>reset>insert DVD R rated..(18 up only) when board comes up telling you parental control is on>hit select>it will say enter password>hit select>it will say delete password>enter in 7444>hit X

as for the game, try renting san andreas from a blockbuster or something and see if that copy works. also try booting up the game and playing without your memory card in.

3. Y2kSnake

Y2kSnake Guest

Playing without my memory card? Whats this for? oh btw thanks for the password tip.

4. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

@Y2kSnake

No posting email addies as per forum rules :)

5. nelswick

nelswick Regular member

maybe when your ps2 fell it messed up data in the memory card so when ever you enter water or a building it tries access your stats but it cant so it locks up. just a guess =).

6. Y2kSnake

Y2kSnake Guest

I actually happened to click stats when I was on the water, and they showed up. Any other guess?

7. nelswick

nelswick Regular member

nope sorry. not at the moment =(