1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 region converted kh2 NTSC to PAL save says corrupt

Discussion in 'PS2 - Games' started by Platinum_Dragon, Aug 13, 2011.

1. Platinum_Dragon

Platinum_Dragon Member

Hi everyone I could use someone’s help because I’m sure I’m not doing anything wrong as I have been successful in my method for converting region saves for final fantasy 12 and kingdom hearts already.

I have PS2 Kingdom hearts II saves with the region code BASLUS-21005-01 (NTSC format) from when I played an ISO downloaded version of the game on a UK PS2 Slim and used SwapMagic3.3 disks to play the game.

I now have the original PAL KH2 game with the region code BESLES-54114-01 and want to be able to play my previous saves so I did the following:

Step 1: I used uLaunchELF to transfer the raw PS2 save data from the MC (memory card) folder using mcPast on a USB and then onto my PC.

Step 2: I then used Ps2_Save_Builder to edit Root/ID and file to match the desired region and extracted all the files into a new folder that also matched the new ID.

Step 3: I used uLaunchELF to copy the folder and then mcPast back into MC and load up my PAL game.

When I go to load game the slot says this game data is corrupt?????? This should not happen and I don’t know what to do I have tried all the possible combinations under the sun, helppppp. Can someone take my 5 saves in raw or PSV and change for me please if there is another technique.

I even used my PS2 to PS3 memory card adaptor to covert the saves into PSV format and transfer to PC and use PSV exploiter to extract raw files and then save builder to convert ID etc and still says corrupt. The know the files work fine and I’d even tried using gamefaq North American saves to convert and they also say corrupt???

Extra random info if helpful for my background:
    Like I said at the start I was in the exact same situation with my ff12 and kingdom hearts games and their saves and I used the above method and they all work (some reason when I load up any of my ff12 saves it adds 20% of extra game play time :S i.e. I load up a slot saying 10hours and on the menu when loaded it says 12 hours but after that its fine if I resave at 12 hours n load or new game etc kind of odd but everything works :)

2. Platinum_Dragon

Platinum_Dragon Member

I’ve heard from one source that because of the Gummi Ship missions in KH2 it may be using a diff code which means typical methods may not change this bit in game and so is picked up in checks :S maybe diff method is required but I don’t have other software’s to look into codes or understand if there is a diff in region conversion within the files etc one forum suggest methods that let u look into a memory card save file in the PS2 and open the folder where it will say corrupt and if u manually delete it fixes the problem ??

Here is a link you can use to download a ziped file http://www.mediafire.com/?wu7667ehi3zj5k5

when extracted there are 5 folder in the mc format from where i copied and mcPasted over my 5 KH2 NTSC saves over from memory card to PC using uLaucher & also used my memory card adaptor to convert ps2 to ps3 save format in case this is better.
    Can anyone please try and convert either of these sets into workable PAL versions and attach a link for me to download i would be grateful :)

p.s. I am also using another forum to get help on this if u wish to view:
    http://psx-scene.com/forums/f36/ps2...-ntsc-pal-save-says-corrupt-94851/#post907940

Last edited: Aug 13, 2011
  3. Platinum_Dragon

Platinum_Dragon Member

Just to cover again:

I have a PAL PS2 Slim and played KH2 NTSC version using Swap Magic disks, but now I have the KH2 PAL game and want to be able to use my previous saves. I know this can be done using combination of uLaucher, ps2_save_builder, ps2_save_converter etc which Iv been successful in doing for other games but when I do it for this game it does not work.

What i need confirming ideally is if someone has KH2 (either region) and downloads themselves a save from the opposite region from gamefaq and try to convert it to their region (using a method they know definitely works for THIS game) and see if it loads, because if not then i know its not possible for this game OR I'm doing something wrong and they can tell me what method worked for them :)

p.s. I have access to my save data from memory card in mcPaste, psuPaste and PSV formats