1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ps2 repair question???

Discussion in 'PS2' started by sandy10, Jul 6, 2007.

1. sandy10

sandy10 Member

I had sent my Ps2 to a local electrical repair shop a week ago and they now tell me that it needs a new internal power supply at 120 uk pounds?!
    Is this price right as it sounds like a fob off! They took it and you give them 20.00 for security which basically means that if you dont want the work done at the price they say they keep the money and you take your broke Ps2 else where.What im saying is that cause they had it for quite a while i think they just didnt want to fix it but they get 20.00 for nothing.Im worried that they might have never had any intention of fixing it and simply said bring it in because its a quick 20 quid!Are they 120?I was modding my slim Ps2 and plugged it in and it went pop so i looked at the board and there was a burnt fuse which i thought was it but they say different!
    HALP!Please.

2. somedude9

somedude9 Member

Well im from America so i dont know how many pounds make a dollar. but if it was 120 bucks i would probably cuss that guy out and get a new power supply of the internet. they are easy to install and are just as good as the original. it would make a good weekend project. and the fuse is most likely not blown out but the IC protection ciruits are probably blown out from a brownout. that just goes to show that you should ALWAYS have your game console and TV hooked up to a UPS! They are only like 40 bucks or 35 pounds or somthin' but they are a NEED if you want to keep your ps2 away from Dirty power... so to sum it all up 120 pounds is way too much and you should do it yourself for a cheaper price. But make sure to know what version PS2 you have when buying! hope this helps!

3. BadBone

BadBone Guest

Sounds like you gettin ripped off, 120 pounds is the equivalent of $241.00 US, thats almost the price of 2 NEW PS2s, in the United States a new PS2 system is like $129.00 US.

You should querry that, i hardly believe that a power supply would cost that much. Be careful man, it sounds very fishy to me