1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 replacement parts

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Iverson68, Mar 18, 2004.

1. Iverson68

Iverson68 Guest

2. ziska

ziska Guest

WHAT ABOUT REPLACEMENT PARTS IN CANADA

3. Iverson68

Iverson68 Guest

O I didn't know it was only USA I'll get a better site. Srry

4. Iverson68

Iverson68 Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2004
  5. Iverson68

Iverson68 Guest

If you still can't find what you're looking for tell me the specific item and I'll look that up for you.

6. suprax

suprax Member

Hey, I'm looking for the very end of the disc tray for my ps2. Someone dropped it and the end snapped off and is broken so I'm just looking for the very end. I can't seem to find it anywhere at all.

Any help? Thanks!

7. account

account Guest

im looking for a new main board for my v7 ps2 that will ship to canada

if you know a site that has one please tell me or if you have one and would be willing to sell it please pm me and give me a price

8. Evilrage

Evilrage Guest

I had the dms3 chip installed on the board put it back together. and just got disk read errors when trying to play a regular ps2 disk but was able to load the dms explorer disk and got a couple of burnt ps1 disk to play. I tried adjusting the disk wheel o change the level of the eye but could never get it to read now the disk drive try's to spin a disk but nothing. is the disk drive bad now? and what did I do wrong for it to not play any ps2 games any help would be great thanks...EvilRage

9. Iverson68

Iverson68 Guest

Having a hard time finding a v7 mainboard only found 1 but its the Europe version and only works with the R-Type laser. Srry that I couldn't help.

10. Evilrage

Evilrage Guest

NP Thanks for your help I think my drive might have gave out but still does not explain why it was playing burnt disk and ps1 disk but not ps2...hum crazy well im not gonna give up yet ô¿ô

11. punx777

punx777 Regular member

where can i find one of those white magnet things to keep the disk down? (im not paying 10+ dollars from taht one website)

12. Iverson68

Iverson68 Guest

Then your not gonna get 1 you lil cheapo.

13. ShadowNyt

ShadowNyt Regular member

Evilrage - Does it play PS2 originals still?

I have 2 suggestions - double check your boot method:
    DMS's use the controller buttons to choose the mode.

If it is not a true DMS then you may try using the reset button instead as some currupt pre-mod sellers / installers charge for DMS's and actually supply a different chip hoping you wont know the difference - if you installed it your self - then just ensure 2 things:

1) correct boot method
    2) No stuff ups with the soldering points.

Lastly - if the chip is fine, install fine etc - then it is very possible that the laser works for PS1 but not for PS2 - as lasers can fail partially - and CDR's are easier to read than DVD's.

I suggest clicking on my laser link in my sig and looking into adjusting the pots is and only if the above and a good clean first does not fix the problem.

14. Evilrage

Evilrage Guest

Shadow--- Yes its a true dms chip the install seems fine but like i said it would not boot PS2 Games But it would boot CDR- and ps1 games (original and back ups) but I tried to Adjust the Laser Wheel I could not get it to read PS2 games Still ...I put it back in to the orginal position It played ps1 and ps1 backups fine again for about 10 min then it started only turning about a 1/4 turn and nothing now it wont read anything Spins 1/4 turn and stops ...I read some where that the cable may be bad ????? Any sugestions??? Thanks Alot for your Help...EvilRage

15. ShadowNyt

ShadowNyt Regular member

That is never a good sign - I had a V7 that did that once and I had to replace the laser - it had died - but that was a manufacturing fault - installed a new laser with no changes to my Messiah2 V1.30 installation and it has worked ever since.

Typically though if your CD's play fine and your DVD's don't then the white cog does little for you - you need to first clean the lens and if that does not work - play with the POT on the DVD side.

16. Evilrage

Evilrage Guest

will try that thanks again for your help!!! Ill Post back and keep you informed! Thanks...Rage

17. mgermain

mgermain Member

I broke the little clip that holds the 36-pin ribbon cable from the controller port into its connector on the main board. I've been trying to find a replacement connector, checked all the PS2 parts sites, but no luck. Does anyone have an idea? Thanks.