1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ps2 reset light blinking red after 30 min of play

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by Ktzero3, Jan 8, 2005.

1. Ktzero3

Ktzero3 Member

yesterday i opened up my ps2 and put it back together just to practice for when the mod chip arrives.

i followed the instructions here http://www.modchipstore.com/customer/pages.php?pageid=37 and stopped before doing step 12.

i managed to put the ps2 back together and at first it ran fine, but after 30 minutes of play the screen went black and the reset light began blinking red. it would not shut off when i pressed the reset button. i don't remember whether or not i pressed the eject button.

i did not do any modifications to the console, merely took it apart and put it back together.
    does anyone have any idea why it did what it did?

the fan seems to be working.

*edit* made it easier to read

Last edited: Jan 8, 2005
  2. Balaam

Balaam Regular member

One question. Can the reset button still be pushed in? By that I mean, you can feel it kind of clicking when you push it? Something similar happened to me when I installed my fliptop, the piece of plastic below the reset button was pinching it and it would get stuck in the in position. If thats the problem than tightening some of the screws should fix it. Otherwise, you might have pinched the eject/reset cable when you put the top back on.

3. Ktzero3

Ktzero3 Member

thanks for the response!

no clicking noise.. however i DO believe that the reset cable might have been pinched, however i don't understand why the problem would come up after 30 mins of play.. y'know?