1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 screwed?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by smokeeeey, Nov 24, 2004.

1. smokeeeey

smokeeeey Member

I've got a messiah II installed a while ago. My ps2 was playing fine last night, i go to play it today but it just makes a mad constant clicking sound when i insert a game, original or backup. The game wont boot, it just sits at the browser screen. Anyone got any clue to whats up?

2. jonjakjam

jonjakjam Regular member

3. smokeeeey

smokeeeey Member

After opening up the ps2, i found where the clicking noise is coming from.
    [​IMG]

The little white tab circled isnt catching the gold thread. With the top of, I can put a bit of pressure on the white tab, and when reset is pressed it catches. I stop putting presssure on it, press reset and it catches after a split second, so i put the tray cover back on, tried a game and it loaded. But once I put the ps2 top cover back on, it fails to catch again, returning to the previous unusable state. Do I need a whole new tray, or can this be fixed? I've got a bunch of games already bought for xmas, but no money to send it to be repaired, so if anyone's got any suggestions, it'd be much appreciated.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2004
  4. MaliMrav

MaliMrav Member

That white tab should be spring loaded from the other side. Also it should have a pin which sits in the groove. Looks like it may have broken off :(