1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 Skipping and Slowdowns

Discussion in 'PS2' started by horsefan, Oct 12, 2003.

1. horsefan

horsefan Member

Hey everyone...For some reason, my PS2 plays games really slow and sometimes, as is the case with ESPN NFL Football 2K4, it'll give me the old DRE. Blue discs and PS1 games play fine, it's just PS2 games. Any tips?

2. Toiletman

Toiletman Active member

Is it been modded and has your PS2 been damaged in any way?_X_X_X_X_X_[small]When you are on your deathbed, you will wonder, "Did I waste my life? Was it worth spending all that time on that?" Do not despair, no one has wasted their life. After all, you can only waste something if you throw it away. And you can't throw life away. [/small]

Last edited: Oct 12, 2003
  3. horsefan

horsefan Member

The only stuff I've had done to it are two DRE's caused by circumstances beyond my control. Sony's fixed them, but a few weeks after I got it back (Got it back early last month), the skipping started. Any tips?

4. Toiletman

Toiletman Active member

Maybe the disc is scratched or damaged. Or maybe your laser is getting weak. Since Sony fixed it for you, you haven't got a mod chip in your machine I suppose. In that case, consider the fact that you need a modchip of some kind to play back upped games._X_X_X_X_X_[small]When you are on your deathbed, you will wonder, "Did I waste my life? Was it worth spending all that time on that?" Do not despair, no one has wasted their life. After all, you can only waste something if you throw it away. And you can't throw life away. [/small]

Last edited: Oct 13, 2003
  5. horsefan

horsefan Member

Can you go in-depth with the back-upping/modchip thing, and is it anything I can do fairly easily? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

6. Toiletman

Toiletman Active member

Well, there's a sticky (thread that is always at the top no matter what happens) that has the tutorials.