1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ps2 slide card and swap disk with loader

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by jbbnet, Dec 28, 2004.

1. jbbnet

jbbnet Member

ok, I've done a lot of reading on hear and noticed people are all asking for this too but i've made about 15 CD's for coasters. i have a ps2 with a slide card and swap disks (cd & dvd) i've found so many forms of hdloader, some even as ISO's but none seem to load (red screen with swap CD). I noticed some HL Loaders have 2 files on the cd and some have a about 6 with a files folder. where can i get an ISO that will work with the slide card?

I also tried dvd loader v7all and it won't read my CD HDLoader. Any ideas what's wrong or were to find HDLoader that will work with the slide card?

thanks

2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

3. wonder05

wonder05 Member

Before burning your disks, do you change the LBA of the system.cnf file? if not, thats your problem.

if you've neglected to do this, here's how:

1) download CDGEN (it may be called CDGENPS2 - im not entirely sure)
    2) if the file you want to burn is an iso, you'll need to rip it apart. For this, I use Isobuster. the app you choose is up to you.
    3) once you have the individual files (not an iso), open cdgen and drag them into the main window.
    4) right after dragging system.cnf in, right click that file > edit > click the 'Fix LBA' radio button > type 12231 in the box to the left > click OK
    5) add any remaining files
    6) file > create CD > save wherever you want.
    7) burn resulting bin/cue files using nero (burn image...)

4. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

wonder, your just confusing people. You don't need to do this, its already been done.

5. jbbnet

jbbnet Member

i used swapmagic cd version 3.0 and when it said "load program", I inserted the cd loader 7 beta 5.2, hit X, then the screen goes to a red tint. I tried this also with cd loader 7All. I burned the CD Loader 7b5.2 ISO's to the CD should of been made foolproof.

I notice i'm using swapmagic cd version 3.0 and the instructions are for ver. 2.0. Any ideas?

6. jbbnet

jbbnet Member

by the way, i have a ver 9 ps2. Maybe that doesn't work with the swapmagic 3.0? I seen post saying i need to use dvd loader v7All, i have that. So i'm using swap magic DVD 2.0 to load the dvd loader7all, but the hd loader cd says unreadable. What hdloader ISO file should i be using at this point? Create a CD-r or DVD-r copy?

Last edited: Dec 29, 2004
  7. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

try special boot (hit square or something).

8. jbbnet

jbbnet Member

Sly, thanks for help twice now.

special boot, square, isn't that a feature on the swapmagic CD?

I have V9 PS2, according to "http://www.swapmagicfix.com/": NOTE: If you have a PS2 v9+ (SCPH-5000X series) ...., you will NOT be able to use the Swap Magic 2.0 CD disc. In order to use the FiXes on these updated version PS2 machines, you will need .... DVDLoader instead.

I load SwapMagic DVD 2.0, then DVD loader7All, but it wont boot my HDloader(ISO for v9-11 ps2 on a CD). As stated above, swapmagicfix says the DVDloader will load HDLoader. Do I need to install it on a DVD and not a CD? Kinda hard since I used an ISO copy of the HDloader. If it must be a DVD, any ideas how to load HDloader onto a DVD?

Thanks

9. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

Well, you said this:
    The swap magic 2.0 cd doesn't work on v9 consoles, but the 3.0 one does. Thats why swapmagicfix said the 2.0 won't work.

Secondly, when you use dvd loader, you have to insert an original ps2 cd based game if you want to load a cdr.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2004
  10. jbbnet

jbbnet Member

thanks, i was missing that last piece, an original ps2 game on CD. i need to find a ps2 cd game.

11. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

no, you have swap magic 3.0 so you can use cd loader.