1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 slim 77001 can you mod it?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by vdospec, Feb 18, 2007.

1. vdospec

vdospec Guest

I have heard that you cannot mod the 77001 with a modchip as it will blow teh motherboard, I know it is diffucult to mod as the once easy connection Y was a pad on the motherboard but on the 77001 b board has to be wired directly to a pin on the ic, quite diff to do.

but we tried one and it blew, has anyone sucessfully moded the 77001 b board?,

2. steimy

steimy Active member

is that a new V15 or V16? The compatibility chart i have only goes up to the V14 (75001)

http://www.teammodders.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=53&sid=d03ff52b592dbf156eadd664baeef38a

If it is a V15 then the answer is yes, people have put mod chips in them as you will see by the V15 install pictures at the above link.
    and i know DMS4 chips & Matrix Infinity chips both say they are compatible up to V16
    if all else failes PM the person (Davbere) who posted those pictures as he is an installer

3. ps2fan247

ps2fan247 Member

Yup. I have a duo3 chip. I love it. 0 problems. an old friend of a friend is a retired nasa solderer. I don't even think he knows what a ps2 is. But everythings fine. I got the chip from www.consolesource.com
    slow shipping (canada) but well worth the wait