1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 Slim date of mfg

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Lmronby, Jan 3, 2005.

1. Lmronby

Lmronby Member

I keep coming across comments suggesting that if your PS2 Slim was made b4 Sep04 it may well have laser burnout probs. How can one tell when their PS2 Slim was made. Tks in advance.

2. Jixxer

Jixxer Member

Check the date code on the bottom...Im an Installer and Ive had problems with date codes older than 4D..I have a 4D as my own and no probs with the magic chip 5KX with no laser diode fix...and Ive done many others with the date code 4D but I had 2 4C's burn out...just my experience ....take it for what its worth..I know I will not touch any thing older than 4D ..Peace. By the way the date code is above the white bar code on the bottom..slightly to the right of the middle...its a small square with the code in it.

3. Lmronby

Lmronby Member

Muchos Gracias. Me gots a 4D and feel good.

4. BadBoy787

BadBoy787 Regular member

What do you mean by date codes that are "older?" What would the letter/number combination for an "older" date code be?

5. scorcci

scorcci Member

4D means: for is the year 2004 and D is because the split the year in 4 parts (A, B, C and D) and three months for each. So D means was made between october, november and december of 2004.
    Those which was made before it had lot of problems with their lasers.

6. GrizlyBum

GrizlyBum Member

Hey i have a PAL 70002 CB and it seems to have no date code?, the code is on the bottom of the unit yea, not the box? and it's on it's own yea? if anyone can help me out that'd be great, thanks