1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 Slim Disc Not Spinning - HELP!?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by davidcz, May 17, 2007.

1. davidcz

davidcz Member

Hi, i have a slim ps2 and have the swap magic disc. i had the fliptop lid on it for a while but it was rubbish so i changed it back to the standard lid and stuck down the sensors.

After changing the lid back to the standard one i closed it up and now the disc wont spin at all!! The lazer trys to read but like i say the disc wont spin. I think it might have been because when i was opening it the second time i had a disc in the tray and i was wondering why it was so hard to pull the top section off, and i just pulled it hard and the disc came off the clip (hope that made sense)

I have checked all the ribbon cables and everything else appears to be fine. Do i need to replace the whole lazer/motor thing??? and if i do can anyone recommend where to buy from???
    Thanks

2. heath007

heath007 Member

your spindle motor might have went out or it has debris keeping it from spinning. You can get any repair parts from ebay. Thats where i go. They are the cheapest there. Just research the feedback and you should be fine to find a reliable seller.

3. piggy2

piggy2 Member

There is a round metal plate on top and magnetic ring in the center bottom of disc. When they come together, it suppose to hold the disc. There is also some bit rubber ring at bottom that add to the friction. You need to make sure that they come together. However, if you don't even hear spin sound, the problem might be something else.