1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 Slim Modding Options

Discussion in 'PS2' started by coldasice, Apr 14, 2005.

1. coldasice

coldasice Guest

I just got a PS2 Slim, but I'm not a huge fan of ripping open my console and POSSIBLY screwing everything up by solding in a modchip. However, I did find this URL:

http://www.thegiantstore.com/browseproducts/PSTwo-Slim-Flip-Top-Cover---No-Modchip-Required.HTML

Now it CLAIMS that this method will play both PS1 and PS2 backups, both CD/DVD based. I was just wondering if this is a sure method or not? I'd hate to dish out $40.00 just to find out it ONLY plays PS1 games or CD based PS2 games only. Anyone have any information on it?
    Thanks!

2. coldasice

coldasice Guest

ALSO, could I JUST buy a flip top and have it work with Gameshark 2 INSTEAD of Swap Magic?

3. coldasice

coldasice Guest

ALSO, could I JUST buy a flip top and have it work with Gameshark 2 INSTEAD of Swap Magic?

4. steimy

steimy Active member

All it does is stop the PSTwo from reseting when you open the top to swap discs.
    If you can use Gameshark now to load back ups, then it will not change that.
    And to the same effect, it will still play anything that it plays now. That will not change either.

I like the Swap Magic 3.3 because it has screen mode settings for both PAL & NTSC games so that you can play both. I am not sure if the gameshark covers that or not.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2005