1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 Slim - Problem with USBAdvance

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by DfraGG3r, Jan 14, 2008.

1. DfraGG3r

DfraGG3r Member

Hi there, I recently got a ps2 slim and wish to run games off a USB HDD. The PS2 has a modbo chip, runs backups and originals fine. I tried running a backup of ARMax and uLaunchELF and they ran fine, but I tried booting USBAdvance but it won't load. Screen goes black and stays that way.

I tried loading up the USBAdvance elf with uLaunchELF and ARMax Media Player from the USB HDD attached to the ps2. And also burning it on a CD, to no avail (Both uLaunchELF and ARMax load fine off a CD). My ps2 model is a slim 77004, and would be very grateful if someone can help me with this!

Thanks

2. jakxxx

jakxxx Member

I have a matrix infinity knock off and I was having the same problem. You have to turn off Macrovision on the chip. Once I did that everything worked fine.

3. DfraGG3r

DfraGG3r Member

It worked! Thankyou so much dude :)

4. tonii_sky

tonii_sky Guest

Hi guys,

I too have a matrix infinity mod chip. Though, I'm not sure if it's original or not. The thing is, I heard that if you tried to update the configurations of knock-off chips, you break it.

Does this apply to the menu or does the chip only break if you try to update the firmware. Does changing the macrovision setting update the firmware already or does this get reset when you power it down.

I'm assuming you get to the point where you supposedly seed the "Playstation2 with infinity1.93 below" sign then it blanks out.

Thanks guys.
    Tonii