1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 Slim reading SwapMagic DVD

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by masprague, Feb 2, 2007.

1. masprague

masprague Member

hey all,

I have a PS2 slim v.14. It reads originals perfectly with no problems. It reads the swap magic cd fine as well. However, it will not read the DVD version. I remember that i used to have to insert an original game with a high TOC count, like FF12, then it would work. However, I have gotten rid of FF12 so now I do not have any games with a high TOC.

Is there anyway around this, to make the PS2 read the SM DVD???

if not do you know any games with a high TOC count that I could buy cheaply at EB???

2. masprague

masprague Member

bump please help

3. koeunxsta

koeunxsta Member

i have the answer to that question man took me awhile to figure it out. u might feel a little dumb after i tell u dis though as did i . hahah
    when u put in the dvd boot disc in make sure all the three clips on the spining thing this on the ps2 hold the disc. for some reson the dvd boot disc's hole is a little tighter or smaller than original dvds. so u have to use a little force to put it in place. remember, there are three little clips that holds the disc..hope this helps u and if it don't work try cleaning your lens..

4. croy00

croy00 Member

As far as a higher TOC disc San Andrea's is a greatest hit so try that. But you shouldn't need a higher TOC disc with swap magic that is why you buy it. Yeah just put the swap magic in and keep the lid open and push on the third tool in the back left corner sometimes it just needs to be pushed back down a bit.